Gotham S105 - Viper

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
"Viper" I thought this was better than last week. Gotham has definitely become the Penguin show and that's not a bad thing by any means. I'm really enjoying David Zayas as Salvatore Maroni. Nice to see Venom mentioned.

"Viper" I thought this was better than last week.

Agreed. One stray bit I liked was how Bruce and Alfred come off as being sort of in charge of each other. In certain regions, Alfred's raising Bruce but Bruce can still draw other boundaries in other places.

And, again, the demented aspect - "Me strong!" *crunch* - I could see that coming from a mile and it was still striking.

I'm also enjoying the look of the show and the mashed time feeling where it's the 1940s and 2010s at once. That's been noted before but it was particularly strong in this one.

I don't get the living in a clock thing but it's kind of cool to look at. Though on a cop's salary how does one afford such a place? IMO Penguin is the best character by far. The actor was also on The Walking Dead for a couple of episodes. The series has potential. It seems to me that it's a love it or hate it type of show. I have a friend who disliked it from the beginning. I wasn't super happy with the first episode but it's growing on me.

I don't get the living in a clock thing but it's kind of cool to look at. Though on a cop's salary how does one afford such a place?

I don't think Gordon's place is his but under Barbara's name. Then again we are watching highly controversial series, where rich people have such luxuries like flatscreen televisions that has been made from several smaller ones and poor people are consistently living on the streets, getting together scraps and still being able to shower themselves, not talking about making their hair look extra nice.

It seems to me that it's a love it or hate it type of show. I have a friend who disliked it from the beginning. I wasn't super happy with the first episode but it's growing on me.

I'm glad to hear that as Gotham has grown into me, and I get chills from spotting such things like proto-Venom in that last one, even if they don't make sense with what I know about their histories.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jeffbert Gotham 2
Jeffbert Gotham 8
ctg Gotham 5
ctg Gotham 7
ctg Gotham 2