Gotham S103 - The Balloonman

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
"The Balloonman" was not as bad as the last episode. I actually liked the swashbuckling scene with Alfred and Bruce. Nice to see David Zayas from Dexter show up. I hope he's a series regular. Dan Bakkedahl who played Balloonman was pretty funny in Legit on FX. The Penguin scenes continue to be good and I wasn't expecting that ending!

I have to say Gotham has grown into me just like Arrow did this spring when I binge watched all of the published episodes. So after three episode I can see how the producers are doing good work on developing all of the characters, even though the cast is quite large considering that there are just so many villains in the city. And in the centre of all of them is Gordon. Detective Gordon that is, without his signature glasses and moustache.

The Penguin scenes continue to be good and I wasn't expecting that ending!

Neither did I. Is he going to kidnap them or use them as a bait to advance his play?

They're not holding back with Cobblepot's story so far. And David Zayas, yes, very happy to see him even without his Hawaiian shirts!

Mentions of Arkham, expanding the mob scene, all interesting developments..

Shoot the balloon, I kept thinking throughout!

I really didn't have strong expectations of liking this and it is the kind of show where it'd be so easy to jump the shark - they've got to a toe a line of the dramatic and comic and be inventive without being (too) ludicrous. And, of course, that line would be in different places for different people. But so far, so good for me. It has a twisted sense of humor I like. Cobblepot checking out all the vice and villainy going on and I thought "Gotham!" and he said, "Home!" or something like. And the scene where what went up must come down (and did) was deeply (and humorously) bent. And the idea that two of the three possibly decent cops in the entire city are hunting the third as dirty. Ironic, huh? :) It's very well shot, too - looks good without being obtrusively artsy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jeffbert Gotham 2
Jeffbert Gotham 8
ctg Gotham 5
ctg Gotham 7
ctg Gotham 2