The silliest science fiction and fantasy movies of all time

'Monster in the closet' from 1986. I saw it as a kid and it had me in stitches! if just for the closing line by the narrator... something along the lines of, "...and in the end, it was beauty that killed the beast!" (the lead character was a geeky scientist type, who had people swoon whenever his glasses fell off).
I literally only saw it once on video and haven't come across it since, I do remember it being complete cheese though.

Another I saw was at about the same time was 'Killer Klowns from outer space".

Absolutely off the wall films , both very entertaining .:D

I thought Looper was the height of stupidity.

I know Time Travels movies are awkward and often poorly done but this one took the biscuit.

The specific scene I am referring to is when a man is running away as "time" runs out and he loses all of his body parts but still managed to make the run... it is just so ridiculous and ignores almost all forms of cause > effect.

TERRIBLE SILLY FILM.

It got the Robot Chicken Treatment with Elmer Fudd in the lead role It was called Wooper.:D:ROFLMAO:

I just rewatched The Cat From Outer Space for the first time since childhood, and found it painfully ridiculous. :oops: I'm disappointed because I really liked this movie at a certain age.

I just rewatched The Cat From Outer Space for the first time since childhood, and found it painfully ridiculous. :oops: I'm disappointed because I really liked this movie at a certain age.

There is a novelization . Im not kidding , ive seen a copy.:eek:

Plan 9 from outer space for being so awful and Dark Star for being brilliant :)

Now that I think about :unsure: What if Michael Bay did reboot/remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space? Would it be a better film? :D

Last edited:
Spaceballs was intentionally silly, but The Fantastic Four was unintentionally so.

Spaceballs I can watch over and over again . The Fantastic Four is just plain awful

And there is was a 1994 fantastic Four film that was made and never released. :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Not a movie, but I just watched Spacehunter. OMG are these the most inept bounty hunters in the solar system? The follow up series 2300 was so much better but still weak.

Cheers, Greg..

Plan 9 From Outer Space
Santa Claus vs. the Martians
Hercules Against the Moon Men

And no Oscar recognition for the hard work and effort that went into the making of those films. Not even one best actor nomination .:(

Surely this has to begin with Dark Star.
The idea of sending out a bunch of bored hippies to blow up "unstable planets" using state of the art AI installed in bombs is totally silly.
Add to it the alien and a commander who can still talk (like a soup dragon) despite being dead.

I'm trying to describe the silliness without giving too much away, because it was a truly enjoyable film at the time, if it's now very dated.
Watch it if you haven't seen it, but don't expect to be overwhelmed by its special effects or its pace or depth.
Silly true, but still one of my favorites! Beach Ball pet...

Back