spaceship called the thought

Alfred

I read this book in the mid 1970's, at the joint embassy school library in Jakarta indonesia ... maybe I'm confusing 2 books. I remember there was an derelict spaceship and snake like aliens invading the earth, they enter the ship and it takes of on a time warp drive, they somehow discover that although these aliens are very powerful they were beaten of by other beings in another galaxy, they decide to go for help, and arrive after many adventures, among them being found by a child god being by crossing the void, find a galaxy whose architecture is artificial with suns made into rings, they get the help they wanted and come back ... the other or same book? Had a ship called the thought I remember there being a group of scientist going from world to world discovering different strengths better beams better building materials finally their ship is re built and run by thoughts, but I am starting to remember they are distinctly 2 books both of which I would really like to read again, Please help ... as it was the second or 3rd Sci fi book I read in my life after the Edgar Rice Bourroghs novel a Princess if Mars and another by him on Venus

Last edited:
Welcome to the Chrons. :)

There may be three books in there. The second (the Thought) sounds like John W. Campbell's Invaders from the Infinite. Part of the earlier stuff about the snake-like aliens sounds like Edmond Hamilton's Interstellar Patrol - either Crashing Suns or Outside the Universe. But parts don't seem to fit and I'm not sure there. The Campbell and Hamilton are much older than the mid-70s (still could have been old small press hardcovers) but were reprinted about '65-70 by Ace.

Back