Kraxon Magazine special submission window

Glitch

Supporter
Kraxon Magazine special submission window

This is the first of six special submission windows for 2015.

• Genre - Science Fiction
  • Theme - Total Solar Eclipse
  • Word count - 1,500
  • Payment - £45
  • Publication date - 20th March 2015

Submission window will be open in January - Details of where to send stories will be made available when the window opens. Please do not send stories for this submission outside the window.

Any questions?

How many stories are you after?

Cheers.

That's competitive. I may need to sacrifice *two* goats to Apollo to guarantee triumph...

Hm... interesting theme. Two questions?
1) When you say Total Solar Eclipse - is this restricted to our Sun or could it be another stellar system?
2) When you say the wordcount is 1,500 - what is the allowable variation? Are we talking between 1,400 and 1,600 or what?

Good luck everyone.

Two more questions:
If we wanted to, could we have the setting or characters be from another world/story we've already done [probably not going to do this, but just curious, as the nun said to the archbishop]
What's the maturity rating? PG/12, I'd guess?

No restrictions on location. It can be Sol, another solar system or an artificial sun if that's where your story takes you.

Word count variation is +/- 50 words.

Including characters or settings you have the rights for is fine. The rights you grant to Kraxon, should your story be chosen, is the same as all other stories we publish - exclusive 1 year from date of publication.

Maturity rating - Family friendly.

Other than specified in the opening post. All other details are the same as general submissions http://www.kraxon.com/submissions/

How many goats are we at now?

Thanks.

And to thwart Springs I shall sacrifice an unspecified number. Apollo's favour shall be mine. Oh yes. Apollo's favour shall be mine.

I have no goats so I will leave this one to the pros :)

I do look forward to reading the winners though

For those of you looking for inspiration, it may be an idea to turn to history.

Henry I died during a Solar eclipse, which was the start of the long years of turmoil between King Stephen and Empress Maltilda.

Also Queen Anne, Richard III's wife and the daughter of the Kingmaker, 16th Earl of Warwick also died during a Solar eclipse 16th March 1485. In August that year, Richard III died at the Battle of Bosworth.

Of course there was the famous solar eclipse of 1919 that 'proved Einstein's general theory of relativity' (quotation marks because I'm not entirely happy with it, probably more because I don't really understand what Einstein was trying to get at).

Inspiration is always good :) You'll need to at least double the word count :rolleyes:

Just a reminder the general submission window for 2015 is open. General submissions pay £30 for each story published in 2015.

All details can be found on the Magazine submissions page - http://www.kraxon.com/submissions/

Cheers for letting us know the window's open.