Best Brandon Sanderson fantasy?

I listened to the audio books, so Wayne is by far my favorite character, with his accent and his trades and his rationale on everything.

"Oi, good trade, that is," Wayne said, in his typical funny way, referring to the dead rat in her hand.

<Totally not a real quote, but similar to what you would find.>

Ha, Wayne would be great in an audio book. I'm going to start getting into these audio books things. Listening to one currently and what better way to pass the time on drives to and from work??

That is when I do my best 'reading'.
I am in the car 2 hours a day, so I used to binge Audiobooks that way. The past couple of months have been Podcasts though. They are my new drug, and at speed and a half too!

Ha, Wayne would be great in an audio book. I'm going to start getting into these audio books things. Listening to one currently and what better way to pass the time on drives to and from work??

That's all I listen to in the car. Gave up radio years ago.

Hey Juliana, thnx for the answer. Sorry it took me so long but I just now logged in after so many days :)
Does this mean that Kaladin at least will be in al the books? Like in the way he was in Words of Radiance where I'd say he has if not a bigger part at least the same amount of time as Shallan? Hmmm...

I hope Kaladin sticks around too. I really liked Shallan's story too. Who are we getting the back story for in book three? I think I recall something about it being Dalinar?

I just finished Bands of Mourning, and was thinking it was the last of the series, until he ffwds another 300 years for the next series. I was wrong! There is one more Wax and Wayne to come. Man I love these books

That was quick Juliana! Wouldn't it still be a subset of fantasy? Not sure what category that series would be in...

Yeah, I suppose it was superhero. It's all the same :eek:

I finished the original Mistborn trilogy, and at recommendation @Juliana dove right into the Stormlight archives. And. I. Loved it! I can't help but notice that Sanderson has sort of an anime feel to it at times. Especially around the action sequences when characters hit the ground with rings of dirt and/or energy sending out radial clouds from the ground they just cracked. I started a new book, and after the wake of Sanderson, I'm actually quite bored with it. One of those books that you can't put down, but hate to finish.

Sanderson has sort of an anime feel to it at times. Especially around the action sequences when characters hit the ground with rings of dirt and/or energy sending out radial clouds from the ground they just cracked.

Interesting! I hadn't thought of that. I can see that now I'm going to be looking for this. :D And he has a graphic novel coming out too, White Sand (no idea what it's about).

Glad you liked it!

I recently finished listening to The Emperor's Soul. It wasn't too bad, a little slow at the start, but interesting magic and storyline overall. Not one I would jump back and listen to again right away. My wife said she enjoyed it too.

I really enjoyed the Emperor's Soul. It was clever and very entertaining.
I have read the Mistborn series and am in for the long haul with the Stormlight Archive.
Kaladin and Shallan will keep me reading that series. If they go,I suspect I will too.