A marriage made in heaven...

Interestingly enough, Jo is also the heroine of the stories I'm writing/intending-to-write (depending on which one) for the various anthologies!

Springs, it must be contagious.

Oh, and my Jo was for the same reason, so that potential clients may assume it's a man's agency if they wish. :D
It's just one of those names...

Actually it's my preferred name but everyone around me is used to calling me Joanne. Plus it's useful to have a separate entity for real-life work. For some obscure reason being a sff writer doesn't sell management consultancy. Who knew...:D

It all depends what counts as science fiction. I've spent most of my working life either on future products or in responding to RFIs or ITTs. Given that these all involved science (well, technology) and a lot of it never came to fruition, and so was fictional, I feel confident that, as an engineer, most of my income has come from writing (science) fiction, mostly in the form of discussion papers, RFI-responses and Tender documents. I even said so at the time, though I expect people thought I was joking. By contrast, I've received not one penny from writing SF stories. (I suspect I'd be a lot worse off if the situation had been reversed.)

RFI = Request For Information, which is where a prospective customer asks (some of) the manufacturers in the industry (in my case telecoms) how certain technical issues might be solved, or certain performance targets met, in a proposed future service. (One example, back in the mid-1990s, involved how one might roll out video on demand and its associated services. The stumbling block back then was the cost of delivering high** bandwidth to the end user; the dotcom and telecoms/IT booms/busts were then well in the future.)

ITT = Invitation to Tender, which is where a prospective customer asks (some of) the manufacturers in the industry how they'd meet the requirements of a proposed service and how much they would charge to supply it.

** - "High" meant 4 Mbit/s back then, and it looked unachievable (commercially), and difficult (technically).

Ursa, are you in "sends glass eye to sleep mode?" Someone has knocked you personality switch. Flick it back onto "windswept and interesting," please. :)

Who gives a ****!

It's a name, just like Gary. Boring uninteresting as a name but the person, well now you are talking!

Cover reveal soon and focus on the book, pretty please.

I like keeping you waiting, though and Boneman is the boss; as is all women in all marriages. :)

I think I may have spat tea over my ipad at these posts. I'll have you all know I'll be charging the lot of you for repairs. But mostly Jo. The boney one. Coz it's his thread.