At The Cinema, Do You ever Get the Feeling You're Watching The Same Movie Over and Over?

In the last decade or so, I doubt I have been to the cinema more than three or four times. I do watch a few movies per year, but mostly on my Kindle, after they've been out for a while.

Do I ever get the feeling they I'm watching the same movie over and over? Yes, I do, but that would be because just like I reread favorite books, sometimes a number of times, I've been known to rewatch a favorite movie.

When I was much younger, and before it was possible to watch movies in the comfort of my home (and without relying on TV stations to broadcast them), if I was really passionate about a movie, I would see it multiple times, sometimes within weeks of its release. But movies were much cheaper then, than they are now. And of course when I was a teenager, there were still double features, and for the price of admission you could stay there through multiple viewings. So what I would do was go watch the movie I wanted to see, sit through the other feature, and then watch the first one again. (Not a bad deal when admission was only a dollar or so!) Then the next week, when I received my allowance, and if the movie was still playing, I'd go do the same thing again.

The thing is, if I love a movie, I would much rather view it again, than waste my time on watching another movie made in imitation of the one that I love, but of lesser quality.

I'm finding myself moving away from Hollywood and have been enjoying more overseas SF. My most recent find was a Russian movie called Coma which had a very interesting premise.

I enjoyed the Marvel franchise and the last one I saw was Endgame. I recently flew to NY and watched a couple of the newer Marvel movies.

Thor: Love and Thunder, which i found to be very childish and Mobius was just a rehash of the Hulk's story in my opinion.

To be fair, Marvel are aimed at kids, but for some reason, i really struggled with these two. I don't think i've matured so i don't understand what's so different.

I also suspect that this possibly becomes a common feeling at a certain age.

Last edited:
I'm finding myself moving away from Hollywood and have been enjoying more overseas SF. My most recent find was a Russian movie called Coma which had a very interesting premise.

I enjoyed the Marvel franchise and the last one I saw was Endgame. I recently flew to NY and watched a couple of the newer Marvel movies.

Thor: Love and Thunder, which i found to be very childish and Mobius was just a rehash of the Hulk's story in my opinion.

To be fair, Marvel are aimed at kids, but for some reason, i really struggled with these two. I don't think i've matured so i don't understand what's so different.

I also suspect that this possibly becomes a common feeling at a certain age.

Marvel films seem to be losing steam with audiences.

Interesting this year that some of the big awards did not go to mainstream Hollywood films. They took the technical credits, but looks like people are looking elsewhere for story innovation.

Back