At The Cinema, Do You ever Get the Feeling You're Watching The Same Movie Over and Over?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
They are remaking THE EXORCIST as a trilogy, bringing back Ellen Burnstyn. Expect a lot of deja vu.

They say Linda Blair isn't in it but I will bet money she is being saved for the sequels.

Unless they got an incredible story idea, they should not revisit this one.

Judderman

The Iceman cometh
I just rewatched the Exorcist recently. I had forgotten a large chunk of the film. It is over 2 hours long and the exorcism is not until at least two thirds of the way in. But that first two thirds is brilliantly done. Great story and acting. I vaguely remembered the early scenes in Iraq but not the parts about the victim's visits to doctors and hospitals to try and diagnose the issue. And about the priests struggles with belief and grief for his mum. Not all doom and gloom as there is a party in there too. The exorcism is the weaker part of the film, partly as it looks more dated. Also some of the blood is very brightly coloured which spoils the effect.
There is a somewhat unnecessary scene at the end, but it seems to be saying people are resilient and life goes on.

Much as I enjoy horror films you rarely see such a good story with fleshed out characters presented around the horror. I can't see it happening in a remake.
The one story cannot really be stretched out to a trilogy. So I imagine it will be someone exorcised and the demon surprisingly enters another person rather than being completely defeated. As has been seen in other series.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
I just rewatched the Exorcist recently. I had forgotten a large chunk of the film. It is over 2 hours long and the exorcism is not until at least two thirds of the way in. But that first two thirds is brilliantly done. Great story and acting. I vaguely remembered the early scenes in Iraq but not the parts about the victim's visits to doctors and hospitals to try and diagnose the issue. And about the priests struggles with belief and grief for his mum. Not all doom and gloom as there is a party in there too. The exorcism is the weaker part of the film, partly as it looks more dated. Also some of the blood is very brightly coloured which spoils the effect.
There is a somewhat unnecessary scene at the end, but it seems to be saying people are resilient and life goes on.

Much as I enjoy horror films you rarely see such a good story with fleshed out characters presented around the horror. I can't see it happening in a remake.
The one story cannot really be stretched out to a trilogy. So I imagine it will be someone exorcised and the demon surprisingly enters another person rather than being completely defeated. As has been seen in other series.

It sounds like they're taking s cue from The Hobbit.