With regards to my novel, Oracle.

Thanks, Susan.

It deserves mine and Teresa's efforts, it really does.:)

I suppose I will have to reveal the cover now...

...or maybe tomorrow. :)

Well here it is. The cover for Sue's Oracle which is being published in January 2015.

The legendary Ian Whates is providing the front cover blurb so my comment is there temporarily. I have some uses but Ian's stunt double is not one I expected. :)

Oracle.png

Nice cover. Steam engines are fantastically evocative machines.

Very evocative, especially with the sepia tint. Don't forget the back cover blurb, though!

Good luck with it, Sue! (And Gary!)

Kim Lakin-Smith is doing the back blurb but we wont get hers or Ian's till Teresa/Sue has done the final polish and they read it.

Excellent cover.

(I can see at least two three faces "peeking out" of that cloud of smoke. I expect I'll notice more if I keep staring at it....)

It is lovely isn't it.(y) It captures the feel and period setting of the book very well. I am so pleased with it. Gary has worked hard on this. It is getting very real now and I am beginning to feel both excited and frightened to death!:eek:

Kim Lakin-Smith is doing the back blurb
The blurb? ie the stuff that tells you what the book is about eg "Gary is having a bad day. His breakfast sausages burned, his toast ignited, he's run out of Nescafe and he's got his tax return to complete. And now aliens have landed in his back garden." I thought you'd be itching to do that! ;)

It captures the feel and period setting of the book very well.
As a matter of interest, Sue, what is the period and setting? Not England, I take it, as the train is foreign?

Judge, Oracle is a gaslight fantasy set in a secondary world. The time period is equal to early victorian. So think steam trains, telegraph, horse drawn carriages, guns, cotton mills, all the mix of early industrial revolution and country under going a massive change

Secondary world? Not heard that term before.

I'm guessing, but the locomotive may be Danish.

In fact, it may be Q 350, a Danish State Railways 0-8-0 tank locomotive.

Last edited: