With regards to my novel, Oracle.

Ursa major

Bearly Believable
Staff member
Supporter
Ah, my pet ferroequinologist knew it was European, and I'd guessed somewhere in North or Central Europe as that looks like snow on the platform, but we couldn't get closer than that!
As I've said in my edit of my previous post, it's Q 350, of Danish State Railways. (I can't read Danish, but I suspect that means it's of the Q class, and its number is 350.)

Anyway, the clue was the presence of coloured hoops on the chimney.

Susan Boulton

The storyteller
Thaddeus, secondary world means all fantasy not set in our world. Game of thrones etc are all secondary world fantasy.

Last edited:

thaddeus6th

Supporter
Thanks for the explanation, SJAB.

Teresa, it does seem a peculiar spot of ignorance on my part. Still, we all have little blind spots.

Gary Compton

I miss you, wor kid.
As I've said in my edit of my previous post, it's Q 350, of Danish State Railways. (I can't read Danish, but I suspect that means it's of the Q class, and its number is 350.)

Anyway, the clue was the presence of coloured hoops on the chimney.
Well whatever the 350 is. It will be getting photoshopped out tomorrow. :)

Ursa major

Bearly Believable
Staff member
Supporter
I hope you only mean the number, 350, not the whole tank loco.

Gary Compton

I miss you, wor kid.
Just the 350. It is in a secondary world so need no references to ours. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, Ursa. Do you want a job :)

Serendipity

A Traditional Eccentric!
Q 350 has been named 'Karoline' and is currently in a museum in Germany (Geesthacht, Hamburg). It arrived there in 1981 from Denmark. It was originally built in 1945 at Frichs in Aarhus.

There isn't by chance a character in Oracle named Caroline?

Susan Boulton

The storyteller
No Serendipity, there isn't. There is a Claire and a Constance. The freaky thing is that there is a scene where two of the main characters board a train in winter, snow and all. Got to hand it to Gary.

Serendipity

A Traditional Eccentric!
Puff! And I'm here, turning up at the whatever random time as my tag-name suggests I should! So you can't call me a sleeper! But my main line for this post is:

Well darn it, I'm going to need a coach for learning my puns... anyone help? And this does seem a good platform to ask for one!

As I don't want to get railroaded down a side line, I'll be off in another Puff!