#SFFChrons

It can't be early and be late so someone needs to give. I have to phone and Skype family early evening but I could find time to Tweet in between. So, someone pick a time. As for a theme, that would be a good idea in future, if it works. For now, I think we'll be lucky just to do it at all, but if you can think of a theme then sure!

I can do the evening. But I'm a little confused about what we're doing? I had in mind the tag to highlight posts worth retweeting etc. If we decide to use it for an hour or whatever tomorrow what are we going to do for that hour? What will we tweet about?

Cool as. Say, what 8pm here, so is that 7pm BST? Anyone any good at these things and can confirm who turns up when. I can't tweet about wips (sorry, guys :() but can ask qs and respond to others and can talk about Abendau.

If we know who's turning up we could have questions ready?

I'm in, and Alc, Juliana and Dave (can we ask about your walk, I found it fascinating?) anyone else!

It does sound like fun, but I'm wary because a) I've never tweeted, and b) what you are describing sounds a lot like a chat room conversation, and I was always terrible at those. I could never keep up with what everyone else was typing and soon got lost.

i don't even have the first idea what to do. I have an account that was given to me as a gift, but I don't even know how to begin or how it works.

And yet, being there at the same time as people I know sounds like maybe a less daunting way to get started. Possibly.

I'll try to look in. At eight o'clock I'm likely to be putting kids to bed -- or maybe not because we're out at a party this afternoon/ evening... Anyway, I'll try.

We could talk about general writing stuff (or stuff we've read?) rather than specific wips.

Cool as. Say, what 8pm here, so is that 7pm BST? Anyone any good at these things and can confirm who turns up when. I can't tweet about wips (sorry, guys :() but can ask qs and respond to others and can talk about Abendau.

If we know who's turning up we could have questions ready?

I'm in, and Alc, Juliana and Dave (can we ask about your walk, I found it fascinating?) anyone else!
Okay with me.

Teresa, it's reasonably straight forward. You search for the #sffchrons and that brings up the tweets under that only so you're not following them amidst the busyness of twitter in general. And if you get snowed under it'll only be us (unless someone else joins in and I think that's unlikely given that we haven't promoted this) so no hassle.

Okay 8pm this evening in the UK is what time in the american timezones, then? Anyone know.

General chat regarding what we're currently writing/watching and reading. If anyine could think of a couple of questions to throw out if things get slow, that would be good. (@alchemist already does a #300 - I'm not sure of the exact # - which has had a couple of external retweets this month so that might be one fun topic, provided we keep it very general?)

That would be #300wordchallenge .

I MIGHT be out this evening, but if about I'll join in. Teresa, what's your twitter name? People can use it and drag you in, so to speak.

My twitter name is @TGoblinPrincess. If we're all still on Daylight Time, I think it will be noon here on the West Coast.

Edit -- I may not be able to sign in, since I've forgotten my password. Twitter said it would email it to me, but so far nothing.

Edit again -- OK, found it.

Last edited:
Actually, I just remembered that my daughter has plans for me tomorrow, which may take me out of the house at that time. But if I am here, I'll try to take part.

I might pop in, but need to register with Twitter first. So...

Unlike here, they ask for your full name. Would I be correct in thinking that they ask you for your username later in the process? (And why do they need your full name? Even using all three of my names, I'm far from being unique: putting the name in quotes gets 'about' 17,800 hits on google; without quotes, there are 'about' 173,000,000 hits. :eek:)

I might pop in, but need to register with Twitter first. So...

Unlike here, they ask for your full name. Would I be correct in thinking that they ask you for your username later in the process? (And why do they need your full name? Even using all three of my names, I'm far from being unique: putting the name in quotes gets 'about' 17,800 hits on google; without quotes, there are 'about' 173,000,000 hits. :eek:)

Yes, you can choose a user name that bears no reference to your full name so no one else will see it in the profile and what not. I'm not sure why they need your full name, though.