DISCUSSION -- October 2014 75 Word Challenge

Talking about the origin of the stories is a capital idea! I think it should be a normal between challenges event. I had several good chuckles and a couple of palm to the forehead moments. :cool:

Congratulations Hex

I loved all of the stories this month. It took me days to choose a winner. I chose the most shocking story that haunted me with dread, and that belonged to VALIS13.

"BIG WELCOMES" go to everyone who thanked me for commenting on their spooky tales for this month.

And "BIG THANK YOUs" to everyone who mentioned they liked my story.

I agree, Parson. I love reading about everyone's inspirations. Mine was about when someone close dies and then you are in a place you associate with them and it feels like you can still see and hear them.

I lived for a while in my grandma's house after she died and I would often imagine she was there in her favorite chair waiting to hear all the latest family gossip. :)

We do have the Staff Room nisse run the gremlin-powered VotingCorrelationEngine from time to time.

I like this idea. Why use code algorithms when there are so many mystical critters wandering the halls! Thanks for the response tho' - makes me feel better :)

Also good to read where some of the ideas came from. I know it's a terribly clichéd question that writers get asked, but it's interesting to find out.

Thanks for the mentions, farntfar, johnnyjet and Void.

And a massive congratulations on your victory, Hex!! :)

Argh! If only I'd read your suggestion before I posted, Karn. Chicken would have been a great genre. ;)

Anyway, I went with something else. Hope you like it...

A vote - from someone. Thank you.
I do prefer the old list where members votes would be listed with a simple double click.
Well done Hex, how many wins is that now?

Back