October 2014 -- 75-word Writing Challenge -- VICTORY TO HEX!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do You Want Flies With That?

The coach was black as night. The horses, shadows with eyes like burning coals. The coachman held the reins in one skeletal hand; in the other, he wielded a scythe.

With a clattering bump, like old bones falling into an open grave, the coach stopped ... dead.

There was a shriek, like a soul in torment, and then ...

‘Welcome to McDarkElf's, may I take your order?’

‘ONE TROLL BURGER, TEN GOBLIN NUGGETS ... ’

It

A half lit street, pools of insipid light only serving to make the inky darkness more menacing.

Creeping through the gate It skulked up to the house, seeping sores covered its misshapen body. It scratched nails down the glass front door then tapping, gently rapping a dirge on the aging wooden frame.

A woman came.

“Oh for god’s sake,” a handful of sweets shoved into the hellspawn's cold hand, “I hate halloween. Now go away.”

Knock Knock
Who's there?

I'm woken at 3am again. Was I dreaming, or...

Knock Knock

Oh, it's you again. Isn't it strange that I'm the only member of this household who gets your knocking attention, while my friends only get your footsteps and door antics. How about a little variety, dead bloke?

Knock Knock

I used to be scared, but now you're getting tediously repetitive.

Knock Knock

Did I say that out loud?

Knock Knock

The Long-Legged Man

‘Who’s that?’

The figure was crudely drawn, a stripe-shirted man with abnormally long legs and no face.

‘Sticks!’ said Gracie. ‘He stands outside my window, sometimes.’

Sarah shook her head. ‘You sillyhead! Now upsairs, to bed!’

A scream shattered the night. Sarah tore upstairs and into Gracie’s room.

The bed was empty, window open, curtains blowing in the wind. In the distance, a moonlit figure loped away, a bundle in his arms.

Ripley's Believe It or Not...

The flickering light made the corridor seem narrower. Ichor dripped in syrupy strands as... it skittered spider-like through pipes and wires.

She clung to the cat wondering where her strength came from. It had beaten her crew-mates, and now it came for her.

A perfect hunter, it cut through shadows; the chitinous form came closer, closer... the elongated head before her, mouth open, breath like acid emanating from distended jaws...

"Tag! You're it!"

Last edited:
A Rose by Another Name

Zeno longed for blood. The ground was soft - good. The bright autumnal moon was out - better. Zeno could only feed on this night. Up from the ground she pressed her best bait; a pink rose. The little girl in the ghoulish costume would be enticed.

Mary saw the pretty Halloween flower. She touched it. Her eyes glazed over. When she fell, Zeno fed. Next Halloween there would be two flowers. Zeno was content.

Room with a Wooo

He yawned.

Bloody newly-weds. Always the same. Noise all night.

He shuffled across the hotel carpet. He’d go and bang on their door. Get their attention. Then a bite to eat. He was always hungry when he first woke up.

Ah, Shaun was already there, bumping the door, groaning. Half-cut, of course. Well, cut in half.

The couple in the honeymoon suite had made enough noise to wake the dead.

And they had.

Night Terrors

*BUMP*

I startle awake, heart pounding.

Oh. That new bed’s been hard on the boy.

I nudge Dan. “Your turn.”

But a face looms.

“You fall out of bed, sweetie?”

“The leg tripped me. Can I sleep with you?”

“Aww, what a mean leg.” But he has to learn. “No, sweetie, go back to bed. I’ll come tuck you in.”

“Ok.”

~shuffle~

*BUMP*

--skitter--

Silence.

“Hon?” says Dan. “We don’t have any furniture with legs.”

Status
Not open for further replies.