My Millennium Falcon collection

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
Hello all. I've been a Star Wars fan since first seeing it on the big screen on 1977 and like many here, have collected Star Wars memorabilia ever since. About four years ago, i decided that my collection was getting a little out of hand and decided to "Focus Collect". I decided that my collection would be the Millennium Falcon. I haven't looked back. Where is was just picking up things that i saw, i now seek out things relating to my collection. Over the last four years i have picked up a wide range of Millennium Falcon collectibles ranging from art to a Studio scale replica to toys to lollipop sticks to a sculpture made from scrap metal to a fevre from France. It's been a great journey. I have a blog about the subject, but i am not a writer. (Still, it's a great hobby and i thoroughly recommend it. Anyway, i thought that i would start an entry about my collection here, too.

My latest acquisition is this Wall Cling my an america company called "Fathead". It was in a sale, but as is usual when ordering from the Us, expensive to post. As you can see, it's massive so this is something that i wo'n't be displaying.

millennium-falcon-fathead.jpg

Everyone loves the Millennium Falcon. :)

Except Lucas, oddly. In most other stories like SW the main vehicle of the protagonist is almost another character, like Serenity in Firefly. Yet in SW I've never seen the Falcon as anything more than Solo's ship. It has some characteristics of the meme, yes, like his constant slapping of it to make it work, but, really, couldn't he have given it more personality, more soul?

Or maybe I'm just missing it. That was always my entire problem with SW anyway. Lucas seemed to write the first two as Great Epics, and then phoned the rest in, at least IMO.

I must confess that i thought that there would be more collections on the boards.

I don't know Joan. ESB started to show the Falcon as a character but i suppose that there was too much stuff going on in ROTJ to expand on this any further. Besides, how much of this is us projecting character on to an inanimate object?

My newest acquisition is this gorgeous print by Craig Drake called "Falcon". This is printed on a sheet of aluminium, so the print looks really good. The print itself is a whopping 60" by 40" and this is the artists proof. (the edition for this size was limited to 10 pieces.)

craig-drake-mega-variantprint.png

I'm quite excited as it's taken a long time to get here. Unfortunately, it cost me nearly $1000 to ship to the UK. Pricey, but i'm looking on this pieces as an investment. Here's a close up.

falcon-detail.jpg

Last edited:
Further to this, one of the guys at work took a photo of me with this print when i unwrapped it at work (I couldn't wait).

craig-drake2.jpg

Hoperfully this give a better indication of how cool this print is.

I took delivery of the Star Wars command Millennium Falcon game yesterday. It's nicely packaged, but I can't see the game being too interesting to keep any interest for any period of time. Apart from the Falcon, none of the other figures have been painted, which is a shame.

image4.jpg

I have just had some prints from Acme archives delivered. The first one is "The Scoundrel" by Steve Anderson.

image.jpg

This one is my favourite of this haul and my missus agrees.

"Victory" by Davis Rabbitte.

swacmecolorprint_victory.jpg

I really like this one but my wife doesn't like that the likeness for Han is so far off the mark. I can see her point, but it like the scene in this image.

"This Could Be It, Sweetheart" by Nicholas Bannister.

bannister.jpg

I really liked this one. I also got a copy of Jerry Vanderstelt's Saga, but I don't have a photo of that one.

More art. Chris Skinner's "This Baby's Got A Few Surprises Left In Her, Sweetheart" is from the Hero Complex Gallery and is 24" by 35".

image.jpg

It's a great looking print in the flesh.

Scott Erickson's "Great Sun Bear" is pretty unusual as it's based on North American goods.

image9.jpg

Unusual looking and pretty unique in it's design.

Ha ha. You know I wouldn't be able to resist.