Fear The Walking Dead [Warning: Contains spoilers for Seasons up to S6]

LOL at the ending with Morgan and Nick. Is he the right man to rule over Nick's addiction. This next season looks to be real fun!

Spinoff Fear The Walking Dead has just barely surpassed flagship series The Walking Dead on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes.

The Walking Dead carries an 81% "fresh" when counting All Critics on Rotten Tomatoes, just one percent lower than Fear The Walking Dead's 82%.

When counting just Top Critics, The Walking Dead comes out ahead with 90% compared to Fear's still fresh 67%.

The Walking Dead, having just wrapped up its eighth season, has an average audience score of 81% from viewers who have rated the series with 3.5 stars or more.

In comparison, Fear The Walking Dead has only a 59% "liked it" audience score, indicating 41% rated the series lower than 3.5 stars.
'Fear The Walking Dead' Now Rated Higher Than 'The Walking Dead' On Rotten Tomatoes

Fear The Walking Dead series newcomer Althea (Maggie Grace) may have crossed paths with the long-missing Daniel Salazar (Rubén Blades).

Althea, who continues her work as a video journalist, safeguards a cache of tapes documenting the stories of survivors encountered during the apocalypse — including a tape marked ‘Abe / Doctor,’ an easter egg and nod to The Walking Dead’s Abraham Ford (Michael Cudlitz) and Eugene Porter (Josh McDermitt).
‘Fear The Walking Dead’ May Have Hinted at Daniel Salazar’s Return

fear-the-walking-dead-600x900.jpg

Whose zombie wagon is in the poster?

Think I saw an ad for this (first season) for freeview in the UK. Can't recall what station. Probably either Pick (11) or E4 (28).

Tornado zombies !!! Twisters has never been scarier. I also love Zombie Wagon number 2. Maybe they're going to show Kirkman's World first nomadic tribe. Super cool.

The loss of Madison will effect Fear the Walking Dead in the back half of its fourth season as the AMC show continues to plunge its characters into the treacheries of the zombie apocalypse.

While visiting ComicBook.com's studio at San Diego Comic Con, the remaining cast members of Fear the Walking Dead both remembered their fallen soldier Kim Dickens and opened up about how her exit and the loss of Madison will effect the surviving characters moving forward. Watch the full interview in the video above.

"It was hard," Alicia Clark actress Alycia Debnam-Carey said. "It's hard from a personal standpoint but also definitely as a character. We'd known about it for a long time but didn't matter. Months on, when it was finally happening, it still was just raw and hard. It was heartbreaking. We love her. She was our fearless leader and she's such an incredible actor and woman."

While it is never a happy thing to bid a cast member farewell, Debnam-Carey manages to see the optimistic perspective of such a hole being presented on Fear the Walking Dead. Now, a character (or a mixture of characters) will have to fill it.

"What is exciting about it is it does expand the narrative possibilities for Alicia but, yeah, she's the only one of the Clark's left," Debnam-Carey said. "She's the only person from the pilot left which is kind of funny, too. She's now forced to just be her. It's just Alicia Clark. That's it. We get to see if that means she'll be able to rise out of that depression and that awful place she's in, if she's gonna be like her mother, if she's gonna be worse, if she's gonna compare herself in that way. There's so many different narrative journeys this can take."

Of course, Alicia Clark is not the only character reeling from the loss of Madison. Madison's old drinking buddy Victor Strand will feel her loss but carry her torch moving forward as his relationship with Madison's daughter continues to grow.

"I think that there's been such a great journey between Strand and Alicia," Victor Strand actor Colman Domingo said. "I used to be like, 'Hey, don't run on my boat!' and things like that. Suddenly, we're now comrades because, also, he's been a part of her family now. It has become a blended family and it's extending itself to a much larger blended family. Strand is very much a feminist which is why he rolls with such strong women. I mean, look at these women! I think that the idea that they have become comrades makes a whole lot of sense, especially to come together to do the thing that has elevated, lifted both of them, and that was Madison Clark played by the phenomenal Kim Dickens. I think that her effect will be felt on all of our characters. It's not lost. It's now a new beginning in many ways. We're all still trying to wrangle and rustle with the things Kim Dickens and her portrayal has left behind."

Newcomer to the series Lennie James, who brought his The Walking Dead character Morgan Jones over to Fear in its fourth season premiere, is no stranger to tragic losses.

"I think one of the brilliant things that the writers did in the way that they've told the story is, somebody said it yesterday, but all of us, we're all orphans of the apocalypse," James said. "We've all got, if not equivalent, we have our own stories of how we've became orphaned. We've seen it play out for Alicia. We have echoes of it. We have memories of it and it effects all of us because we've been there. The brilliant thing that the writers have done is shown us one of those orphans being created in this story that starts to bringing us together. There's no point in doing that unless it propels our story forward and has an effect on the weight of what happens to us in the future."

Though Morgan never met Alicia's mother Madison, her legacy will have an impact on him. "It does have an effect and knowing Madison or not knowing Madison, her legacy will effect us all in the future," James said.
'Fear The Walking Dead' Cast on Season 4B's Life After Madison

Fear The Walking Dead star Alycia Debnam-Carey warns things are “only going to get worse” for Alicia Clark — now the lone surviving member of the Clark clan following the devastating season 4A deaths of brother Nick (Frank Dillane) and mother Madison (Kim Dickens).

“We’ve seen her in a really really dark place in the first half, and I can just say it’s only going to get worse. She’s the only remaining Clark. She’s the only person from the pilot still here,” Debnam-Carey told Entertainment Tonight during a visit to San Diego Comic-Con.

“She, I think, has had one of the biggest transformations out of anyone. She’s gone from a teenage girl, just a regular teenage girl, to now — her entire family is gone and she’s a warrior in the apocalypse. There’s some interesting stuff for her coming up, but we really just get to see her on her own completely.”

“One of the things our show allows actors to do, which a lot of shows don’t, is for their characters to genuinely evolve,” added The Walking Dead transplant Lennie James, whose staff-wielding Morgan Jones emerged as an ever-changing work in progress.

“For the characters to genuinely move from being one thing to being something other, and it’s something I think is one of the reasons why our fans are kind of compelled by what we do and are attracted to us, is because they have ownership of the journey of our characters.”

Added series newcomer Jenna Elfman, who plays June, “The change is dynamic, it’s not subtle.”

“It’s like, you really see human beings experience life or death and how it transforms them,” Elfman said. “Their character changes, their ideas change, and their actions change, it’s a dynamic experience to the whole.”

Danay García said Debnam-Carey has carried both the loss of her onscreen mother Madison and the real-life exit of actress Kim Dickens, whose unexpected sendoff from the series in the mid-season finale sent the cast reeling.

“And also watching Alycia too, because I come from the [season 2] Mexico experience, seeing her now dealing with this whole entire season, it was really hard for you,” García told Debnam-Carey. “She really, as an actor, had to really confront this every day. It’s not like a one episode [thing], it really carries.”

After struggling with even harsher and more violent tendencies in the front half of season 4 in the wake of Madison’s sacrifice — and then losing her murdered brother, shot and killed by former Vulture mole Charlie (Alexa Nisenson) — Alicia will be in a “very interesting place” when Fear returns for the back half of season 4 co-showrunner Andrew Chambliss told EW.

“She’s realizing that she is on her own and is figuring out how she can keep the memory of both Madison and Nick alive,” Chambliss said. “And a big part of what she’s going to be asking herself is whether she can fill Madison’s shoes and how that’s possible for her moving forward.”
‘Fear the Walking Dead’: Things Are “Only Going to Get Worse” for Alicia

AMC has officially renewed The Walking Dead spinoff Fear The Walking Dead for a fifth season, AMC announced Saturday (via THR).

“In an environment where viewer choice is almost unlimited, the success of these shows is especially meaningful, with characters and stories that our viewers connect with and return to season after season,” said AMC president of originals David Madden. “It’s a privilege to continue collaborating with and sharing the vision of the talented creatives behind these series, and we’re excited to start exploring the next chapter in the lives of these unique and complex characters.”

Fear’s renewal comes days ahead of its August 12 mid-season premiere, resuming its fourth season after a dramatic shake-up both onscreen and off: Scott Gimple, five-season showrunner on the flagship series, was elevated by the network to Chief Creative Officer for the entire Walking Dead brand, allowing him an executive producer credit on the spinoff.

Fear co-creator and seasons 1—3 showrunner Dave Erickson stepped down from his role and Once Upon a Time executive producers Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg were installed as new season 4 showrunners. Gimple brought with him longtime Walking Dead star Lennie James, whose staff-wielding Morgan has since supplanted Kim Dickens’ Madison Clark as the new top-billed series lead.

Following the departures of both series veterans Dickens and Frank Dillane — whose recovering drug addict Nick Clark was killed off early on this season — stars Alycia Debnam-Carey (Alicia), Colman Domingo (Victor Strand) and Danay García (Luciana) remain on as part of an established cast since merged with James and franchise newcomers Garret Dillahunt (John Dorie), Maggie Grace (Althea), and Jenna Elfman (June).

The cast will expand further in the back half of season 4, with roles for new cast members Mo Collins (Parks and Recreation), Aaron Stanford (12 Monkeys), Stephen Henderson (Lady Bird), Daryl Mitchell (NCIS: New Orleans) and Tonya Pinkins (Gotham).
‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Renewed for Season 5

We have a dedicated FTWD forum here. I'm even not sure why this thread is still being used, because new threads can be started for every episode, news about the end of Season 4, prospects for Season 5, etc. (except that people subscribed to it will get notifications of new posts, but maybe not notifications about new threads in the forum.)

However, I do think he kind of has a point when a thread entitled "spinoff/companion series" contains spoilers for the fourth season. My view would to be to stop using this thread and start a new thread. I won't close it, but I'll add a spoiler warning to the title.

I'm even not sure why this thread is still being used, because new threads can be started for every episode, news about the end of Season 4, prospects for Season 5, etc

I use it as a general thread, just like one in TWD forum. All you get in here are the general news between the seasons. My intention has never been to spoil anyone.

I don't think you intended to spoil anyone. There will be some people who are new to both series, and they will expect to see spoilers in a thread titled Season "1+x" but not in a general thread. The problem is not yours, it is mine for making a FTWD forum but not changing the titles of the existing threads. I do think that going forward you should make new threads for each different new development.