Anthology Released as Ebook today

ratsy

Congrats, Ratsy.

Makes me wonder if we should make a Twitlist [ahem] thread, whereby this sort of thing can be flagged up with a related first tweet (in this case it'd be from you) and other Chronners could then retweet it, hopefully helping to build up a head of steam.

If you're on Twitter and have already tweeted about this, I'd be more than happy to RT.

Hey Thad, thanks but I'm not on twitter...I just joined FB this year as a tool and haven't made the leap to Twitter yet

I suppose I should soon...

Fair enough. I'm on Twitter but don't have plans to go on Facebook. I like the minimal effort of Twitter.

Thad, you can set your Twitter feed to automatically post on Facebook. In my opinion, an author wanting to sell books cannot afford not to be on any of the social platforms. I'm on grannyandgrandadbook.com and am looking forward to my new anthology "Blue Rinse."

However, as the wife keeps reminding me.I'm invariably wrong so feel free to ignore - haha!

Same thing to Ratsy - go to www.facebook.com/twitter and set your posts (they have to be set to public not friends) to Tweet.

#simples

Congratulations, ratsy! Well done.

From what I hear, Twitter and Facebook (and other social media) turn out to not be as important as everyone thought a while ago. No doubt if used wisely, they can be a great help, but perhaps their greatest use is in networking.

Thanks Teresa

I like following some of the Presses so I can keep an eye what they are up to and hear about Anthology calls and that kind of thing. I honestly have never even seen twitter...I know a lot of people around here use it so I may get into it...arg, just another thing to keep me plugged in.

Teresa, I think that's a fair comment.

Congrats, Ratsy. What I've heard is that if you do social media it's better to do one platform well than be wishy-washy all over the place. I'm on both FB and Twitter but, writing wise, I mostly hit the same close people. However, I have more followers on Twitter, whereas Facebook is more for my friends and family.

Looking at hits on my blog (I currently get up to 60 per entry and this has risen a lot over the last couple of weeks since I've been blogging more regularly) most come from twitter, a couple from facebook (my Mum has learned lots about my writing...), a few from AW where I normally promote in their blog-thread and a couple from here but my Chrons blog now contains my wider blog so most people read and comment on here. I also get a few hits from jozebedee.com, which is nice cos it shows the odd person visits there.

So Twitter is still my strongest writing platform. Closer to Abendau coming out I might give Kare his own Twitter feed. Although I'm wondering if one of the secondary characters might be funnier to do it with. Harebrain did this recently with Otter and it's brought about some funny conversations.

That sounds good, Springs. :)

Because I spend money on Facebook ads. I need all my authors on Facebook because if I am promoting his or her book and the customer clicks the link or searches the author they will pretty much lose interest. IMO

Plus, when I post about them I can tag them. If you want to have private stuff then have an authors account.

If you are using Wordpress you can set it to go to Facebook, bounce to Twitter. That way EVERYONE gets what you are saying. Remember if they haven't heard of you or your book they aint going to buy it.

Alot of my marketing plan is based on social media. If you want a rip-roaring example of how to do it check out Sarah Pinbourough

Sarah Pinborough is a bit of an acquired taste (I can't acquire it -- too much sweariness and I'm too prudish). I hear John Green uses social media to fantastic advantage, though, by having a youtube channel devoted to messing around with his brother (?) playing computer games, so it feeds into his book sales lots of people who are interested in him as a person, not an author.

Edit: Oops. And, of course, well done, Ratsy. Many congratulations.

I'm wondering if one of the secondary characters might be funnier to do it with. Harebrain did this recently with Otter

(A distant squeak is heard: "SECONDARY???!!!")

Sorry this post is OT (as to which, congrats Ratsy!), but I've found tweeting for a fictional character an interesting experience, and I'll share a few notes on it here. Writing Otter's tweets has been great fun, much more than my own account, but he seems to work best when responding to others' tweets rather than doing them independently, and at the moment this seems to be the same few (lovely) people. I don't know how or when this might change, at least until I start selling books. I find it difficult to tweet into a vacuum.

One of the best fictional tweeters I've come across is @irishoberon, the wolfhound from the Iron Druid series, who has many amusing things to say about sausages and bacon. Because his character (I think) supposedly exists in our world, this also gives him licence to tweet about anything anybody else would, which I think is an important consideration -- even if a character has no connection to our world, it might be an idea to construct one. (For example, sent to study us, acting ambassador etc.)

Congratulations Ratsy!

Re Twitter, come to the dark side... You know you want to... That way you can partake in many fun conversations among Chronners. Oh, and a certain Otter as well. He's all right, that Otter.

Thanks guys. I may have to join just to see what this otter is all about...

Wonderful, ratsy, congratulations! You should be proud! :) I just bought this for my Kindle, and I'll post a note on the story very soon!

And also...Otter tweets??? :) How cool!!