WORST MOVIE CASTINGS

Jason Statham in anything.
Action hero types in romantic leads just make me cringe like a 5 year old 'ugg...kissing...urgh'

Action hero types in romantic leads just make me cringe like a 5 year old 'ugg...kissing...urgh'

I thought he was really good in Dungeonsiege In the Name of the King . :D

Colin Farrell as Alexander the Great

This. Bushy-browed, swarthy, and Irish? I don't think so. Jude Law would have been perfect.

But so much of that film was wrong, wrong, wrong.

And yet so much was right. Stone had a lifelong fascination with Alexander, and got most of the history right. His depiction of Guagamela was the work of a painstaking re-creationist. The problem was the casting and the script.

The Ewe Boll 'film'? I stood 10 minutes of it before ripping it out of my DVD player.

It's not great film by any stretch , but's It's easily Bolls best film.

Last edited:
I normally hate Statham in anything, but he was actually pretty good in F&F 7. He's no The Rock, though.

Ben Affleck as Daredevil.

No. Just... no... especially after watching Charlie Cox NAIL it as Daredevil in the new Netflix miniseries!
Have been wondering whether to subscribe to Netfix in order to see this. Also hoping that C4 or 5 may pick it up....

For me it's a toss-up between two national heroes;

Tom Cruise as Count von Stauffenberg in, 'Valkyrie,' (an absolutely horrible film).

Mel Gibson as Sir William Wallace in the dire, 'Brainfart,' (the name, Braveheart was given to that other Scottish hero, Robert I (the Bruce).

For me it's a toss-up between two national heroes;

Tom Cruise as Count von Stauffenberg in, 'Valkyrie,' (an absolutely horrible film).

Mel Gibson as Sir William Wallace in the dire, 'Brainfart,' (the name, Braveheart was given to that other Scottish hero, Robert I (the Bruce).

Tom Cruise wasn't bad in the role of Stauffenberg , the film was itself was pretty forgettable.

Gibson's Performance as William Wallace was good ,but the liberties he took with history were inexcusable.

Last edited:
Benedict Cumberbach as Khan in Star Trek.

Don't get me wrong, I like him as both an actor and a person, but I just thought that he was too much.

I agree , great actor , but not the right choice for Khan.

Benedict Cumberbach as Khan in Star Trek.

Don't get me wrong, I like him as both an actor and a person, but I just thought that he was too much.

Agreed. Cumberbatch was completely wrong for Khan. This is especially evident after having watched Wrath of Khan on the big screen last weekend. Ricardo Montalbán was simply wonderful as Khan.

It's not SFF, but Pierce Brosnan with a SINGING role in Mamma Mia? I ask you...

His singing was just awful, yes -- and yet, somehow, I found it strangely endearing... He sings a lot like I sing, after all. Somehow, I liked it that he didn't open his mouth and reveal an operatic baritone -- whether his own or someone else's...