Science Fiction Tv Shows And Movies That have Not Aged well

And yet I find I can still enjoy these shows that have become dated.:cool:

Once I finish with new Who, I'm looking to binge watch the Original Series of Star Trek. I know they were refreshed somewhat, but it'll be interesting to see how they've dated.

I think Collosus: The Forbin Project hasn't aged well in terms of aesthetics, but I think the story is more relevant than. The sequels would have been interesting to film, too.

Demon Seed hasn't aged too well.

I think Collosus: The Forbin Project hasn't aged well in terms of aesthetics, but I think the story is more relevant than. The sequels would have been interesting to film, too.

Demon Seed hasn't aged too well.

Ive seen the Forbin Project and read the book , A very good film , very well acted with a great cast lead by Richard Braeden . Yes , the sequels would have been cool.

Ive seen Demon. It hasn't aged well but could do with a reboot.

Last edited:
The original Star Trek still holds up, and includes a human element missing from later TV SF. The original Outer Limits. In doing the remake, those involved could not identify how the original worked. Anything after the original Star Trek just aged poorly and kept getting worse as new attempts were made to keep Star Trek going.

I'm thinking too literally, but all the episodes of Doctor Who from the 1960s (William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton stories) that were basically thrown away and destroyed by the BBC in the 1970s because of re-broadcasting rights complications...

That whole sorry tale has not aged well :(

Space Precinct and Timecop definitely are very dated. Though I must admit to enjoying Space Precinct. Just finished watching Timecop on Tubi, found it hilarious that their 'future' was only set in 2007 just ten years after when the show came out :ROFLMAO: .

'Timecop' is set in 2007 because when time travel is eventually invented, that's the furthest back the tech could be retconned. Obvious when you think about it...

UFO

Everything about this old 70s TV show looks incredibly dated! And in particular the female Moonbase Alphans and their purple bobs, overdone makeup and semi-revealing "string vest" things. And the blokes in their tight-fitting, loud coloured, no-collar suits and mandatory sideburns.

Moreover, you had the computers with lots & lots of flashing lights and banks of switches that didn't actually do or tell you anything. But looked sufficiently impressive for "1980"

It was a good show for its time: like a live-action Captain Scarlet/Thunderbirds rolled into one. But looks rather hokey now (although the gull-wing car Ed Straker swanned about in, had a very Delorean feel about it)

The opening theme music still gets the pulse going though!

The Typewriter . :)

When you near future any science fiction series , it very quick become dated and obsolete .

Back