WHAT Are Your Favorite Spaceships from Movies And Television?

I think the Star Destroyer, gets my revised vote these days!

It just screams presence and a "don't mess with me!" attitude.

And of course seeing my first Destroyer zooming "over my head" when I first watched Star Wars in 1977 as a teenager, totally blew me away!

star-destroyer_0.jpg

I think the Star Destroyer, gets my revised vote these days!

It just screams presence and a "don't mess with me!" attitude.

And of course seeing my first Destroyer zooming "over my head" when I first watched Star Wars in 1977 as a teenager, totally blew me away!

star-destroyer_0.jpg

Definitely cool.:cool:(y)

18k907.jpg
18k907.jpg

"War of the Worlds" (1953)

I remember being extremely scared of this alien space craft invading planet Earth when I first watched this as a kid!

I think it was the long "neck" and eye, that spooked me out most.

Very dated sfx, and you can't help but not miss the strings holding these ships up, but I still think they're a fabulous design concept for its time

18k907.jpg
18k907.jpg

"War of the Worlds" (1953)

I remember being extremely scared of this alien space craft invading planet Earth when I first watched this as a kid!

I think it was the long "neck" and eye, that spooked me out most.

Very dated sfx, and you can't help but not miss the strings holding these ships up, but I still think they're a fabulous design concept for its time

Those ships still look pretty good. I think they reused the models in Robinson Crusoe on Mars only they were white and minus the the heat ray eye-stock. They reused some of the sound effects too. :)

The martian war machines also put in appearance in the 1980's war of the World series in the premier episode.:)

All versions of the Starship Enterprise. And perhaps one of my favorites of all time is the gigantic mothership that slowly sails across the top of Devil's Tower in "Close Encounter's of the First Kind", and settles there, suspended in all its glory. That scene always gives me cold chills. I absolutely love it.

I like Iain M Banks Culture ships... no idea what they really look like but they have some strong and very interesting personalities - not to mention extremely oddball names. I especially like those in Excession.

Back