Kraxon Magazine - What are your impressions so far?

Glitch

Supporter
It has been nearly a year since the magazine first started. There are now ten writers listed with twenty-two stories between them, including nine for House of Witches series so far.

There is still time to submit stories for the last few months of 2014. Chrons members will be able to vote for their favourite story of the year. The winning author will receive £100 GBP.

For 2015 there will be six special submission windows in addition to regular submissions. A theme and genre will be specified (much like the 75 word challenges) with a word count of 1,500 words. One story from each special window will be published with the author receiving £45 GBP.

http://www.kraxon.com

-----

To the thread title. What are your impressions so far concerning the magazine? Do you like the stories, images and overall look of the magazine? Would you like comments opened up on each story, or would you prefer to discuss the story on Chrons?

Do you have any other questions or comments about the magazine ?

My feeling is it's not high enough profile. If I wasn't on the Chrons I wouldn't know about it. Also, I wonder if there is enough content - for magazines, you need fast moving content, regularly updated to give it energy. I hope that makes sense.

To help raise the profile the magazine will be advertised in the Bristolcon 2014 programme. I know it's more of a local convention.

Content wise. There will be an extra six stories next year. Not fast moving.

The look is really good; very professional.

I can't remember if I was browsing on my phone or laptop (I'll check) but I couldn't get to the first part of Em's serial.
Edit: found it on my phone. Ignore me!

Re comments, I suggest keeping them on Kraxon. It has to live by itself. Glad to hear you're promoting in Bristol!

Glitch, I really like the site. It is easy to navigate, it looks sharp and even more importantly, it was the first time I'd seen my name on a site. The stories are all very unique too. I like your ideas moving forward as well. As for readership, I really don't know how many people read it on a regular basis. I always do but I don't think you have a FB page do you? That may help spread the word about it as well.

Good on you though, an avenue for Chrons writers to be involved with does help. I'm a first hand example. (I was just in Central Park last week and have some pictures from the fountain in the picture from my story)

Kraxon doesn't have a FB page. That's more down to my dislike of FB, but I do take your point.

What are your feelings towards audio recordings of the stories? Subject to relevant rights.

My previously published story had an audio recording. It felt weird but quite cool to have my story read by a posh English woman. I even sent her a thank you email.
Despite that, I don't know how much use it would be to you. Will it attract readers/listeners? I suspect it'll make little impact. If you do it though, you need someone at least semi professional to do the reading.

I never listen to audio books or magazines so I have no idea if it is valuable.

I've got a couple of my other stories in audio, if you need more material.

And contacts to record more.

I've really enjoyed the stories, and I do check in quite often to see if there's anything new. But it would help to have a FB or twitter reminder; I often click on Tor.com articles when they tweet the link, so it does work. Em's always good at tweeting the HoW links when there are new ones. You wouldn't have to do much, in terms of social media, just post up reminders of new things. That would be enough, if it's not something you enjoy doing.

I do tweet when new stories are posted. The twitter account is @KraxonBooks