Need help finding an old sci-fi novel

mopar442

I read this book at least 30 years ago and hope some one here can help me find it again.

A husband and wife missionary team and their toddler son, are spreading the lords words on a high gravity planet full of alien freebooters. Well the gravity slowly kills the mother after a few years and the father is murdered I think, leaving the preteen son to struggle on amongst these alien who think its only a matter of time before he dies also. But he slowly adapts to the gravity and learns how to survive, and as a young man begins to go marauding with these aliens and plundering planets and such. At this point my memory starts to fail about what direction the book takes, but I remember he has super fast reflexes and superior strength for a human.

No great confidence, but I'll put a suggestion of the combined series of McCaffrey's 'Dinosaur planet' and 'Planet Pirates'.

Just bought a copy off amazon and looking forward to a great read...ahhh, the cover art is bringing back good memories for this particular book.
Thanks again J Riff :)