Blakes 7 on youtube

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
The first four seasons of Blakes 7 are now available on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCww62Q1B2hR7RWfSIV4TjyA

Watched the first episode a couple of days ago. While dated and slow by modern standards, somehow I found that added something to the dystopian* atmosphere.

Am planning to watch the next episode soon - not least for the introduction of Avon. :)

First episode is here:

* a surprisingly dark dystopian atmosphere, especially for something considered mainstream family viewing at the time

Last edited:
I'm a B7 nerd, with box sets and all - box sets that my 9yo sat through a couple of weeks ago and watched, unprompted.

It is dark, much more than people realise. Avon, who eventually becomes the main character, is amoral, uncaring and bordering on sociopathic (we get a few glances he isn't totally as things go on). It's strengths are the characters, and their realism. And the style of some of it - Servalan is astonishingly fabulous (Jacqueline Pearce hammed her up so well), and the humour especially Villa.

If it's on Youtube, a couple of standout episodes are:

Anna Grant - for an understanding of Avon
Terminal
City at the End of the world - so sad
Gambit - very, very funny
Orac
And, of course, the final episode with its iconic last frame.

Oh! While I remember, the last episode (Season 4, episode 13) isn't listed in the main link - but it can be found in the right hand "related videos" section. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Blake's 7 0
SpaceShip Blake's 7 15
Foxbat Blake's 7 9
Brian G Turner Blake's 7 9
B Blake's 7 2