Do You Have Books You Constantly Read Over Again?

Generally I don't re-read books. There's just way too many to read in one lifetime as it is. But there are a few...

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Starship Troopers. Indecent Exposure. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. Expecting Someone Taller.

If there are good I usually read all my books more than once. I also find my self going back to read the earlier books in a series if it has been awhile between books.

The Song of Ice and Fire series is one where I pick-up things I missed before with every new reading. I think getting to know all the characters over the years has made a big difference because in the first reading I think I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of characters.

I also really enjoyed a second reading of Jennifer Fallon's Second Sons trilogy. I loved the fact that the main character used his brains instead of magic to solve his problems.

Btw the only books (other than the one I mentioned above) that I've read more than twice are LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit. And they're just as enjoyable. There are times when I do wish I was reading them again for the first time, as they wonderful -in the true sense of the word ; they filled me with wonder the first time I read them. I still enjoy them now, but nothing will ever surpass that first time.

I re-read most books. If I don't bother to re-read it the book was, in my opinion, dull.

My favourite book is Mist Over Pendle by Robert Neill - I bought it in about 1989 and have read it about 3 times a year since. It's a story I never bore of and wish I could read it for the first time again.

Recently I have reread Cadfael, Agatha Christie, Kathy Reichs and Gervase Phinn.

I re-read practically all of my favourites, so about 20% of my collection, at some point or another.

Back