Sean Bean interview about returning to GOT had me confused about the books... Buller?

Keebs411

SPOILER ALERT!!!!! AVERT YOUR EYES AND READ NO FURTHER IF YOU ARE KOT CAUGHT UP ON THE BOOKS OR SHOW!!!!

So there was an interview about SB possibley coming back to the show as Ned for Brans flash back visions. It then states that Brans visions of Ned have already confimed to this point hes not Jons father and that Ned actually came out and said so in the vision...... am I crazy because I dont remeber that in the books or on the show?
I remeber him having a vision of Ned praying but not actually saying "im not jons father/Jon is not my son". Obvisouly im already on the theory hes not and the idea of ned not being is dad is no shocker to me. However it is stating that he out right says it, and that this statement is somthing that has already happend not somthing that may happen in a future book or season.
I lent my books to a relative so they could get into the series so I couldnt check, but looking at the basic wiki info there is nothing stating that either.

Am I crazy? Did I miss something, or who ever wrote this article didnt do a great job or get their info straight? My brother inlaw brought it to my attention because he read it 1st and was asking me ( he had the same reaction like he forgot or missed something).

Ned Stark Wants Back on GAME OF THRONES to Reveal THAT Mega-Spoiler « Nerdist

Re: Sean Bean interview about returning to GOT had me confused about the books... Bul

It never happened in the books, that much I can say for sure. There were hints about Jon's parentage involved, but nothing concrete was ever said.

Edit: Yeah, I wouldn't call that article very credible. As for what Sean Bean said, it looks like it isn't anything official as he seems to think he'd get a call based on what he heard about book 5. Only, that scene never happened. Bran does see him pray there, but he never reveals Jon's parentage in that manner.

Last edited:
Re: Sean Bean interview about returning to GOT had me confused about the books... Bul

During one of Bran’s many visions, he comes across his father Ned praying, who then reveals to Bran that he is not, in fact, Jon Snow’s father. So while Jon Snow is still a *******, he’s no ******* of Ned Stark’s — not that anyone really, truly thought that of the most honorable man in the Realm. Right? (OK so maybe that’s just us book readers.)

For some reason I get the impression that this writer is not, in fact, a "book reader", as he claims. Bran certainly has many visions, but in not a single one of them does his father state John's true parentage. As Sry said, there are hints, but nothing so concrete.

I think those of us who've read the books might have noticed if the identity of Jon's true parents had been revealed. Unless all of us have problems with reading, that is.

Ok good glad it wasnt just me thinking id missed somthing and was going crazy. Like you said as a reader that is something we would definitely remember and be a fact/point most often used in the multiple things and reasons listed as to our theories of Jons parentage. yet again I dont remeber ever seeing anyone else in here ever mention it in any thread or post.

I mean w the lack of flashback scenes in the show maybe thats how they will do it via brans visions.

Thanks for helping me clarify my own piece of mind ;)

Keebs, I think you found the one person in possession of a worse memory than me.

Now could Bran have a vision of the past where Eddard reveals Jon's parents? It would not necessarily need to be Sean Bean... the vision could show an eighteen year old Eddard and Howland rescuing Lyanna at the Tower of Joy.

Edit: By the way, when we find out that Aerys II, not Rhaegar, is Jon's father... I want everyone to remember who figured it out.

You mean Jon Snow, Dany, and the Lannister twins are all half-siblings! Just my thinking, based on thin evidence--Tywin Lannister's sister seemed to suggest that someone was going on between the Mad King and her late sister-in-law/cousin.

Edit: By the way, when we find out that Aerys II, not Rhaegar, is Jon's father... I want everyone to remember who figured it out.

If it happens, I'll make a thread in your honour on every forum I frequent with a link to your profile with words "This guy figured it out!". On the other hand, if Jon's father is not Aerys, I'll make the same but with words "And this guy thought it was Aerys. lulz" regardless of the fact that I don't consider that theory a laughing matter. Deal? :D

Sry, deal. If I'm wrong, I expect to receive abuse.

Beta, Yeah, I think Aerys raped Lyanna and then Rhaegar rescued her... and I also think he raped Tywin's wife repeatedly and that all of Tywin's children are actually Aerys'. Thus, Rhaegar, Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Viserys, Jon and Daenerys are all siblings.

Thus, Rhaegar, Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Viserys, Jon and Daenerys are all siblings.

and I thought MY family was messed up

Thus, Rhaegar, Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Viserys, Jon and Daenerys are all siblings.
Lets add Varys and Hodor to that list for good measure too.

Has anyone any thoughts on how Jon's parentage is actually going to be revealed, through a Bran vision, is not going to inform the rest of Westeros?

I reckon it'll be Howland Reed who'll spill the beans in due course.

Lets add Varys and Hodor to that list for good measure too.

Nonono You see, seven for the seven faces of god in the religion of Seven. I forgot which is which, but that is the gist. It can't be 9 for seven faces of god. Silly Judderman. ;p

Sry, deal. If I'm wrong, I expect to receive abuse.

Beta, Yeah, I think Aerys raped Lyanna and then Rhaegar rescued her... and I also think he raped Tywin's wife repeatedly and that all of Tywin's children are actually Aerys'. Thus, Rhaegar, Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Viserys, Jon and Daenerys are all siblings.
Oh God, no. That would be terrible, IMO.

Welcome to the Chrons, Death. :)

Sorry, that should have... er... been, "Not today!" :rolleyes::)

Nonono You see, seven for the seven faces of god in the religion of Seven. I forgot which is which, but that is the gist. It can't be 9 for seven faces of god. Silly Judderman. ;p

Rhaegar - the Smith
Cersei - The crone (much to her dismay)
Jaime - the father
Tyrion - the stranger
Jon - the Warrior
Daenerys - The Mother
Viserys - the Maid(?)

I don't know if that fits. Maybe if we took Tyrion out (I still hold that Tyrion is Tywin's only true born child) and put in a likely woman, that would make Viserys the stranger and (insert woman here) the maid.

not sure who fits the bill as being possibly Aerys daughter though.

Viserys being the Maid made me chuckle.

Rhaegar - the Smith
Jaime - the father
Tyrion - the stranger
Jon - the Warrior
Daenerys - The Mother
Viserys - the Maid(?)

I don't know if that fits. Maybe if we took Tyrion out (I still hold that Tyrion is Tywin's only true born child) and put in a likely woman, that would make Viserys the stranger and (insert woman here) the maid.

What do you mean by this?

Literally or figuratively?

Last edited:

figuratively. If Aegon the Mad King had 7 children that represent the 7 gods (or 7 aspects of one god), then I was trying to attribute the 7 characters that Boaz suspects of being Aegons children to the god they represent.

Rhaegar - the Smith
Jaime - the father
Tyrion - the stranger
Jon - the Warrior
Daenerys - The Mother
Viserys - the Maid(?)

ahahahah I need to go look stuff up. I love that theory. So much crack there you could supply L.A. for a decade.