Indie author e-book recommendations?

The Bluestocking

Bloody Mary in Blue
I am about to purchase my first tablet so I can begin transitioning to e-books.

One of the things I'm hoping to try when I have my tablet is to begin reading e-books by Indie authors.

However, I've looked at the selection on Amazon, Smashwords etc and the amount of work by Indie authors out there is staggering.

So, O Wise Folks Of Chrons:

Which Indie authors would you recommend I try? I love urban fantasy, YA, really good action thrillers, the occasional horror novel. Whatever is fast-paced and entertaining, really. :)

Well, I still have to figure out exactly how to get them from Dropbox to my iPad. It might take a while. :D

Mouse, do you make more on there than if i just get on Amazon? Did you update the edited onto Amazon too?

I updated the Amazon one earlier this afternoon. :) So it's the same, brand spanking new file for both Smashwords and Amazon. And... I think I get more from Amazon, but it's cheaper on Smashwords!

Bought on Kindle! and I will get to reading it someday too!

Thanks for the recommendations :)

As for mine, I often suggest The Master of Izindi, by Dave Wallace. I really like the Arabian feel to it, it's nice and original, and it comes across (in a good way) like one of the old Chinese classics (in style, the world is entirely Arabianish).

[NB in reference to the 'should we review one another's books' thread: this is one of only a handful I reviewed before I decided it'd be best if I didn't do so on Amazon].

Thanks for the recommendations :)

As for mine, I often suggest The Master of Izindi, by Dave Wallace. I really like the Arabian feel to it, it's nice and original, and it comes across (in a good way) like one of the old Chinese classics (in style, the world is entirely Arabianish).

[NB in reference to the 'should we review one another's books' thread: this is one of only a handful I reviewed before I decided it'd be best if I didn't do so on Amazon].

@Thaddeus6th: I'll check it out :D Now trying to decide on which tablet to get (I'm getting an Android!)

Francis, Chris and Stephen aren't indie, they're all traditionally published.