The Walking Dead - Season 5 and onwards

I was thinking as they mention more popular in rural areas, particularly Southern Texas and East Kentucky. Texas is definitely a gun friendly state. Rural areas would be more so than places like New York too. Probably goes along with prepper communities, who don't spend a lot of time in big cities.

I wonder if some people are developing an immunity to the virus?
Pamela Milton said to Maggie, Dana wasn't immune then? I dismissed this but starting thinking surely she knows enough from those who have been on the outside, no one is immune. Maybe there has been cases in the Commonwealth of people who have survived been bitten. That leads me to Alicia in fear, when she was bitten her arm wasn't amputated straight away, she should have turned, I know she thinks she will eventually turn but I don't think it's likely.

Then there is the CRM with the type a/b whose to say one of these doesn't have some sort of antibodies against the virus.

The Walking Dead actor Moses J. Moseley's cause of death "could not be determined," according to a photo of his death certificate. Mosley was found dead in his car in Georgia at the end of January, with a single gunshot wound visible on his body. His death was initially believed to be a suicide, but his family had doubts about whether or not there was foul play. Now the investigation has failed to reach any clear-cut determination about the incident. Moseley's family was surprised to get a letter from President Joe Biden offering his condolences:

"Dear Moseley Family," President Biden wrote. "Jill and I are sending you heartfelt condolences on the passing of your beloved Moses. I know there are few words I can share that will ease the pain of losing a loved one. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Though the grieving process never quite ends, I promise you the day will come when the memory of Moses will bring a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye. My prayer for you is that this day comes sooner rather than later. Sincerely, Joe Biden"

President Biden has famously been through multiple instances of deep grief in his lifetime. In 1972, Biden lost his first wife Neilia and infant daughter Naomi in a car accident; he would later lose his firstborn son Beau in 2015 after a years-long battle with brain cancer. Biden's sympathy and compassion for such loss has been one of his defining qualities as a candidate for decades.

The initial reports for Moses J. Moseley stated "the bullet entered below Moses' eye and never left his skull, whereas people who shoot themselves usually will put the gun to their temple (and the bullet exits on the other side) or in their mouth." It was also noted that the actor "had a 'loose' grip on the gun, as if someone had put it in his hand."

TV Line reports that actor Melissa McBride has exited the upcoming Walking Dead spin-off series that was going to be focused on her character Carol and TWD’s other fan-favorite series regular Daryl, played by Norman Reedus. Now, the show will focus exclusively on Daryl, which... uh... was likely the only possible solution.

Somewhat confusingly, while TV Line says McBride “exited” the series, which would indicate it would have been her own decision, it also reports “the decision to jettison Carol was purely a creative one,” which implies Walking Dead franchise grand poobah Scott M. Gimple and The Walking Dead showrunner Angela Kang made the decision for McBride, although may the actor had input? After 12 years of playing the character (which couldn’t always have been a satisfying job), it’s quite reasonable to think she wouldn’t want to be part of another TWD project that ended up not being to her liking. Still, this is a franchise that suspiciously killed off a major character out of nowhere (i.e., Chandler Riggs’ Carl) so I can’t help but think something less amicable might have gone down.

Not only are Carol and Daryl likely the best-loved characters on The Walking Dead, they also have the strongest, most compelling relationship on the show by far. They also happen to be the only two characters who have survived all 11 seasons of the series, and, since they were about to start in their own spin-off, beyond season 11 as well. Turning The Carol & Daryl Power Hour into The Daryl Show Starring Daryl likely means rejiggering it from top to bottom. As of last August, Reedus made it sound like the show hasn’t started filming yet; it’s unknown if that’s still the case, but if so, the series will be starting over from scratch.
The Walking Dead fans were surprised to find out that Melissa McBride is exiting the spinoff series following the end of the main show. It was billed as a series following Carol and Daryl beyond The Walking Dead's final episode when announced but now this series will follow only Daryl. Norman Reedus is still on board but Melissa McBride will not be playing Carol in the series. Following the official news of her exit, AMC has revealed the reason: the Daryl series will be filming in Europe.

"Melissa McBride has given life to one of the most interesting, real, human and popular characters in The Walking Dead Universe," AMC said in a statement provided to Insider's Kirsten Acuna. "Unfortunately, she is no longer able to participate in the previously announced spin-off focused on the Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier characters, which will be set and filmed in Europe this summer and premiere next year. Relocating to Europe became logistically untenable for Melissa at this time. We know fans will be disappointed by this news, but The Walking Dead Universe continues to grow and expand in interesting ways and we very much hope to see Carol again in the near future."

Wow. The spinoff is set in the Europe. Melissa did the right thing, and they still have time to film her an alternative ending.

Last edited:

Wow. The spinoff is set in the Europe. Melissa did the right thing, and they still have time to film her an alternative ending.

How about a Walking Dead Series centered around a family of Walkers ? Im sure they could come up with stories without the need for dialogue . They could call this series Walking Dead :The Walker Family :D

Personally, I think Carol has been asking for a way out for years. Probably for most of her life and she doesn't actually like her psychotic side. She accepts that it gives her no moral qualms about what she can do, but after every big massacre, she's been shocked, not on top of the world. So death would be a relief to her, in my honest opinion.

News stories are saying it is because Melissa could not commit to filming in Europe.
Advertising spin-offs before the main series finishes is poor from a drama point of view. Daryl invincible!

News stories are saying it is because Melissa could not commit to filming in Europe.
Yeah, that's what I was saying without saying it. Getting overseas in her age and committing to do a multi-season role as one of the head stars... is a big deal.

They may not kill Carol off, she could be helping run things in the US.
Daryl could be sent to Europe with some of the younger cast members to find out the lay of the land and find them a new home.
Problem is they've killed off most of the younger ones.
Judith would be to young, maybe Connie, Kelly, Princess and Lydia.

The announcement that McBride was leaving the series, as was the showrunner, and that the premise was being re-focused to Reedus's Daryl alone – sparked a wave of ugly conspiracy theories and backlash from Walking Dead fans. It went so far as to have Negan himself, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, step up and swat down trolls coming for Reedus. Well, now Norman Reedus is speaking for himself – and this is what he has to say:

"You know, it was originally Carol and I -- Melissa McBride and I. And she's taking time off. You know, twelve years [of The Walking Dead] is a grueling schedule, and she wanted to take some time off. So She's doing that and she deserves it," Reedus explained to Jimmy Fallon.

When news of McBride leaving the Daryl & Carol series was announced, AMC released the following statement explaining McBride's exit (and echoing the sentiment that Reedus expresses above):

"Melissa McBride has given life to one of the most interesting, real, human and popular characters in The Walking Dead Universe. Unfortunately, she is no longer able to participate in the previously announced spin-off focused on the Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier characters, which will be set and filmed in Europe this summer and premiere next year. Relocating to Europe became logistically untenable for Melissa at this time. We know fans will be disappointed by this news, but The Walking Dead Universe continues to grow and expand in interesting ways and we very much hope to see Carol again in the near future."

I don't understand why AMC and Reedus got trolled for being the leading star for the new program? The production is set in the UK. So maybe one of our writers might have a chance getting in it.

There are so many consipracy theories and gossip online that famous people are trolled for almost anything. Wanting to be the lone star of a show sounds like a believable gossip, true or not!

Reactions: ctg
The Walking Dead will air the final episode of its final season later this year, with fans eagerly anticipating what will happen. AMC has been developing a plethora of spinoffs set in that universe including Fear The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond, Tales of the Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: Dead City, a Rick and Michonne spin-off, and a spinoff focusing on Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) that was originally supposed to include Carol (Melissa McBride) until the actress exited the series and it had to be retooled to focus on Daryl. McBride recently had a discussion with Entertainment Weekly where she discussed the future of her character after the original series wraps up.

"I feel like Carol has more story to tell," McBride told the magazine. "I'll leave it at that." Another pause. "I think she's got some more story."

"I mean, they both put it right, There's just more story to tell. And I love both characters so much that we will be telling stories with each of them moving forward. And who knows beyond that? But I've never stopped talking to Melissa about this. I'm thrilled at the idea of it and I'm very optimistic for the future of telling some cool Carol stories." The Walking Dead Chief Content Officer Scott Gimple added.

"The Walking Dead flagship series has been my creative home for a decade and so it's bittersweet to bring it to an end, but I could not be more excited to be working with Scott Gimple and AMC to develop a new series for Daryl and Carol," said TWD showrunner Angela Kang when the spinoff was announced. "Working with Norman Reedus and Melissa Mcbride has been a highlight of my career and I'm thrilled that we get to keep telling stories together."

After 12 years, 11 seasons, and 177 episodes, The Walking Dead will end with a series finale directed by series veteran Greg Nicotero. Since 2010, Nicotero has served as special FX make-up designer, zombie extra, executive producer, and director for the AMC series, implementing techniques dating back to his time as an assistant for make-up master Tom Savini on George A. Romero's Day of the Dead. On November 20th, AMC's flagship zombie drama (returning October 2nd) will air the last of its final eight episodes — the last-ever episode of The Walking Dead.

"I asked to direct the finale, but I believe that [showrunner] Angela [Kang] and Scott [M. Gimple, executive producer] already had every intention of having me do it, for a lot of reasons," Nicotero told Empire Magazine. "I felt the weight of pressure on me, and I'm proud of what we did. Is it zombie-heavy or zombie-light? Well, even if the script had said 'two or three zombies', I'd need more like 200 or 300."

After directing nearly 40 episodes of The Walking Dead, Nicotero is confident the series finale is "a pretty amazing episode."

"I put my heart and soul into it. It was rough," he said. "I said to Norman [Reedus] one day, 'Man, if I can make it through this, I can do anything. I can direct a Star Wars movie, I can direct anything that lands in front of me.' I'm proud of it."

Filming on The Walking Dead's final episode wrapped in March in Georgia, ending a 12-month shoot — and a 12-year run.

"On the last day of [filming] The Walking Dead, I shot a little video of me and Norman on set," Nicotero recalled. "We talked about 12 years together, all the stuff that we had done. Like when the scripts would come out and Andy [Lincoln] and Norman would come over to my house and we would read them together. We'd been in the trenches together for over a decade."

It's a question fans have asked since the reveal that Norman Reedus' Walking Dead spinoff takes place in France: how does Daryl Dixon end up in Europe? Will he go missing like Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), whisked away aboard a Civic Republic Military helicopter? Will he go searching like Michonne (Danai Gurira), away on a mission to find a lost loved one? Even Daryl doesn't know the answer. As revealed by AMC chief Dan McDermott, the solo series follows Daryl "as he wakes up and finds himself somewhere on the European continent and tries to piece together what happened. How did he get here? How's he going to get home?"

"Somehow I get put there, and I don't go there on my own free will," Reedus said on Jimmy Kimmel Live! "I've been out there location scouting and casting and everything for the last couple of months. It's epic. Castles, and moats of castles, it's just crazy."

The series, which is set and shot in France, has already teased a visit to the post-apocalyptic Eiffel Tower in a preview revealed in a Walking Dead Universe teaser trailer. But that won't be the only iconic location visited in the spinoff possibly titled Daryl Dixon.

"We're destroying the Louvre and stuff," Reedus said. "It's gonna be nuts."

Scott M. Gimple, AMC's TWD Universe chief content officer, co-developed the planned Daryl & Carol spinoff with current Walking Dead showrunner Angela Kang. The franchise veteran producer and actor Melissa McBride dropped out of that show when the redeveloped spinoff moved overseas; Gimple and Kang will serve as executive producers of the reworked series now under first-time Walking Dead showrunner David Zabel (ER, Mercy Street).

"Daryl is a fish out of water to start with. If Daryl finds himself with new people, he's a fish out of water. In France, in a country that's going through the apocalypse, [it's] an entirely different thing," Gimple revealed on The Walking Dead Universe Preview special. "He finds himself having to reinvent himself again, having to find himself again, and also, not being with — probably — the only people in the world he's comfortable with."

While his mission remains a mystery, Gimple confirmed Daryl will be facing the "smarter" walker variants involved in a post-credits scene ending The Walking Dead: World Beyond.

"I don't go there on my free will," Norman said to explain the why. "But we are going to destry Louvre and stuff. It's gonna be nuts." Then Scott Gimple added, "There's going to be smart ones."

Man, they are changing the narrative, making a fundamental, evolutionary change at the end of the TWD. We'll see where it leads.

Not much original Dead time left.
The series' final episodes countdown resumed on October 2. The finale is scheduled for November 20.

Reactions: ctg