The Walking Dead - Season 5 and onwards

Upcoming spinoff The Walking Dead: World Beyond is set primarily in Nebraska, a location that has ties to the second season of The Walking Dead. The new series' first trailer hinted at this previously unexplored setting, since confirmed by World Beyond co-creator and TWD chief content officer Scott Gimple, a longtime writer-producer on the main show starting with Season 2 in 2011. As explained by Gimple, this location was selected because it's far from Georgia and Virginia — both settings of The Walking Dead — and Texas, now the primary setting for spinoff Fear the Walking Dead.

Viewers will remember the Cornhusker State was mentioned in TWD Season 2 Episode 8, "Nebraska," where Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and Glenn (Steven Yeun) ventured beyond their temporary farm residence in search of the missing Hershel (Scott Wilson). The three men then encountered a pair of armed stragglers, Tony (Aaron Munoz) and Dave (Michael Raymond James), the latter reporting rumors of "a rail yard in Montgomery running trains to the middle of the country," namely Kansas and Nebraska.

According to Tony, Nebraska was a holdout in the wake of the zombie outbreak because of a low population and "lots of guns." Now a decade into the apocalypse, World Beyond reveals a new society: one that is home to more than 10,000 survivors, each of them belonging to one of three major civilizations in TWD Universe bound by the three-circle symbol associated with the covert CRM organization.

The Creators 4 Comics charity push may have raised more than $400,000 to support the comics industry this month, but that's not going to do the whole job, and now The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman is giving fans a chance to own a complete digital library of his genre-redefining zombie series for about the cost of a single trade paperback, with the money going to he Book Industry Charitable Fund, which is the nonprofit established to help small booksellers and comic book shops in distress. Binc is working overtime to keep small businesses afloat amid the economic downturn caused by the novel coronavirus pandemic and its resultant social distancing rules.

This isn't the first time The Walking Dead has teamed with Humble Bundle to sell graphic novels for cheap to benefit charity. This time, though, is the first time since the series ended, giving readers an opportunity to follow Rick Grimes from the start of the series until the end of his journey -- and to do so for pennies on the dollar.

You can buy in here, or check out the program details below:

I got all issues now.

Finally.

Tom Payne, who played Paul "Jesus" Rovia between the sixth and ninth seasons of The Walking Dead, says fans familiar with Jesus' counterpart in Robert Kirkman's comic books were "let down" with the character's portrayal on the television show. Jesus brought Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his band of survivors into a new world when he introduced the group to Gregory (Xander Berkeley), then-leader of the Hilltop, a farming community being leaned on by Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and the Saviors. Payne's character became a trusted ally and an adviser to later Hilltop leader Maggie (Lauren Cohan), but Payne says Jesus didn't live up to fan expectations before he was killed by the Whisperers midway through Season 9.

"That's the longest I'd ever been on a show, and … I felt like I'd done everything that I was gonna do, really," Payne told Skybound's Talk Dead to Me podcast. "And in the background, I had been working really hard on the martial arts, and the fitness, and all that stuff. And what kept me going with that, and with the show, was 'This is cool, because I've got all this cool stuff coming up, hopefully, if it follows the comic books.' When none of that happens, then you just get a bit despondent and you're like, 'Well, I don't understand where this character fits.'"

A fan-favorite character who survived through the end of the comic books, Jesus' lacking presence in the television show was "really bizarre," Payne added. "I would go to the conventions, and I had such a massive fan response from the beginning because everyone loved the character from the comic books, and then they loved seeing him on the show. So everyone was really excited, and I think a lot of people were a bit kind of let down."

Also Andrew Lincoln loved Axel from Prison

Well, I would love to see them meet, but this also means that we are not going to see Princess in those six extra episodes, are we? It is also intriguing that Negan lives through the Tower episode. Is it going to be like a predicted and they all escape before the Whisperers hit the location.

I so hope they would have petrol vehicles, because mowing down the horde would be hilarious. The secret weapon they never thought they would need to use. But it is also kind funny that people in the Ricknation lived through most trying times, and they face the dead in many occasions. Yet, this one seemed to be their doom, until these posts showed up.

I know that it's spoilery that we know now Negan and Princess survives to next season. So, who is going to die in the encounter?

Newest Walking Dead star Paola Lázaro, who joined as purple-haired lone survivor Princess late in the zombie drama's tenth season, wants to trade words with co-star Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan when The Walking Dead returns for Season 11. Princess, real name Juanita Sanchez, ended her lonely streak when she was invited to join the Hilltop team — Eugene (Josh McDermitt), Ezekiel (Khary Payton), and Yumiko (Eleanor Matsuura) — on their journey towards Charleston, West Virginia, where the group are due to meet representatives from a mysterious new community home to Eugene's equally enigmatic radio contact Stephanie (Margot Bingham).

"I would love to have scenes with Negan, because both of our characters are very wild, very extroverted, very wordy," Lázaro said during the Walking Dead virtual Comic-Con panel. "So I wonder who would win that match in words."

Naming Melissa McBride's Carol as her favorite character, Lázaro added, "I just want Carol to like Princess, that's all. I'm a very big fan of Carol."

Lázaro also lamented the death of Dale (Jeffrey DeMunn), the bucket hat-wearing apocalypse survivor killed off years ago in the show's second season. "I'm a huge Jeffrey DeMunn fan, from theater and stuff like that," she said. "So I miss my dude."

The actress previously revealed her desire for a Princess and Negan mash-up during an appearance on Morgan's at-home chat show Friday Night In with The Morgans, where Lázaro speculated the characters will "get along great" — after some quick posturing.

"Maybe at first they'll be like cats [hissing]," she said. "You know when a cat sees itself in the mirror? So maybe at first they wouldn't get along, but I think they're both wild."

Added Morgan, "They're both kind of outsiders. I think they'll have an interesting dynamic, too." Morgan previously hailed Lázaro's arrival as "one of the greatest character introductions I've ever seen on this show."

Princess enters The Walking Dead just as Maggie (Lauren Cohan) makes her long-awaited return in the Season 10 finale, "A Certain Doom," where the widowed Maggie might finally learn her husband's killer is now a free man. Lázaro predicts the hyperactive Princess will "irritate Maggie to the core," something that could bond the two outsiders.

"She's a very serious woman, and she's going through a lot, and then I come in with that big smile," Lázaro said on Friday Night. "I'm like, 'Hey! I'm happy to be here.'"

Why they couldn't add those extra episodes in the season 11?

Last edited:
The Walking Dead might be about zombies rising from the dead, but that doesn’t mean the show is going to last forever like its titular hordes. AMC has announced that The Walking Dead will end in 2022 after 11 seasons. But the franchise is just getting started: not only is World Beyond debuting next month, but AMC has unveiled two new spinoffs to take the flagship’s place.

In a press release provided by the network, AMC confirmed The Walking Dead will end in late 2022 after 11 seasons. The expanded final season, featuring 24 episodes, includes the upcoming season 10 finale, which was previously delayed because of the novel coronavirus pandemic. In addition, there will be six season 10 bonus episodes airing sometime early next year.

The millions of The Walking Dead fans who have stuck with the show through 10 seasons were given an unexpected bit of news on Wednesday morning. The Walking Dead is ending after a 24-episode Season 11. It's news some thought TWD would never deliver but, at the same time, it's not exactly surprising. In total, The Walking Dead has 31 episodes yet to air before it concludes its run. The original Season 10 finale will air on October 4 before 6 additional episodes are added to Season 10 in the spring. Then, 24 episodes will run from the fall of 2021 through the end of 2022, tying up all of the loose ends (save for Carol and Daryl who are continuing on their own show afterwards).

Still, some are left wondering why The Walking Dead is ending after Season 11? Was this always the plan? Well, yes and no.

Many involved with the show foresaw the series concluding after a Season 12. The show is approaching a storyline laid out in comics which concluded with Robert Kirkman surprising everyone (including the AMC Network adapting his book) with the death of Rick Grimes and a final issue which was not announced until readers reached the last page. Now, the TV show is charging toward an equivalent point in its adaptation leaving many wondering how it would continue beyond such a point. The answer: the main series wisely won't. Perhaps a lesson learned from the disastrous final season of Game of Thrones, a show which outpaced its source material and developed its own self-implosive final season?

However, this TWD conclusion likely would not have been reached until the end of a Season 12 under normal cirumstances. If not for the global pandemic halting productions and delaying new episodes, the series would be deep into work on a normal 16-episode Season 11 in Georgia right now, gearing up for a Season 11 premiere in just a few weeks.

Last edited:
Let’s hope that last big season is a great one. No more farm simulation needed.
Presumably Whisperers finished off before end of extended 10.

Reactions: ctg
Apparently there will be an anthology series looking at aspects such as character backstories or short stories on new characters. There are some ideas on this article about what the stories could be, but they dont come from AMC. Also I saw another article how the Beta actor, Ryan Hurst, would like an episode(s) about the character's past history (country and western singer turned bad).

Also I saw another article how the Beta actor, Ryan Hurst, would like an episode(s) about the character's past history (country and western singer turned bad).

So, he wants what the Governor got before he arrived to the Prison. Negan didn't get one, so why should he?

I guess Negan probably would have more of a backstory in this series. Makes sense. Perhaps we will see the governor again too. I don't recall a full backstory episode, just a little talk of it.

The Walking Dead is coming back to life with six new episodes designed to be filmed safely amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This anthology-style six-episode run extends the current tenth season into early 2021, taking "deep dives" into the zombie drama's characters in the aftermath of the Whisperer War that will conclude with the October 4 airing of "A Certain Doom." The extended Season 10, which leads into the expanded final season due out in late 2021, marks the first time cast and crew of The Walking Dead will report back to set since production came to a halt in March.

"The episodes are all designed to be filmed safely during this pandemic that we're in," executive producer and showrunner Angela Kang said during the Walking Dead Universe Preview Special. "There's sort of an anthological feel to some of them. They're really deep dives into our characters, which I hope people enjoy."

At least one installment will answer questions raised by the appearance of Maggie (Lauren Cohan) in The Walking Dead Season 10 finale, where Maggie returns alongside a mysterious new companion.

"We've been enjoying working on something that's a little bit different from what we were doing in the main part of Season 10," Kang said. "We just get to feature different people and tell these little stories that all kind of add up to a picture of what our survivors are going through, and that will lead us into Season 11 eventually."

Season 10 episode 16 due out tonight! Well actually sunday (4th) for most of us on. I think it is some new AMC premium service for the advanced showing. will have to avoid spoilers..

Norman Reedus is back to work on The Walking Dead. The Daryl Dixon actor is among the cast members now in Georgia for filming on the Extended Season 10 episodes designed for safe shooting during the COVID-19 pandemic, which shut down both The Walking Dead and spinoff Fear the Walking Dead in March. As the franchise returns to life six months later, the cast and crew of network AMC's flagship series are moving forward on a half-dozen more episodes with newly implemented safety protocols — including thrice-weekly COVID testing and an on-set epidemiologist.

"We have all these protocols now. We have to take COVID tests three times a week," Reedus said during a virtual interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live. "The epidemiologist from the Pentagon during the SARS scare is our on-set doctor now. There's a whole thing going on over here."

These six new episodes are more anthological and smaller in scale, taking place in the aftermath of The Walking Dead's original Season 10 finale, "A Certain Doom," airing October 4. The episodes explore the fallout from The Whisperer War with "deep dive" character-focused stories, each suited for filming amid the pandemic.

"The episodes are all designed to be filmed safely during this pandemic that we're in," executive producer and showrunner Angela Kang explained during Sunday's Walking Dead Universe Preview Special. "There's sort of an anthological feel to some of them. They're really deep dives into our characters, which I hope people enjoy."

She added, "We've been enjoying working on something that's a little bit different from what we were doing in the main part of Season 10. We just get to feature different people and tell these little stories that all kind of add up to a picture of what our survivors are going through, and that will lead us into Season 11 eventually."

The expanded eleventh season, due out in late 2021, will consist of 24 episodes for the first time. Including these six Extended Season 10 episodes premiering early next year, there are just 30 episodes left of The Walking Dead until the show concludes.

These six episodes are "extremely friendly to the challenges" of filming during the COVID era, executive producer Scott Gimple recently told Decider.

Sounds like the extra six episodes won’t advance the plot much, but hopefully very entertaining.

When it comes to studying the undead, there are few better masters to serve under than George A. Romero, the director responsible for creating the modern zombie in his ground-breaking Night of the Living Dead films.

It was under Romero that a 21-year-old wannabe make-up artist named Greg Nicotero began his tutelage in 1984, working on Day of The Dead, the sequel to 1978’s Dawn of the Dead – a film which just happened to be Nicotero’s favourite movie of all time.

“George is the guy who invented the genre,” Nicotero enthuses. “The zombie rules that are so entrenched in our culture right now were invented by George Romero.”

Science, but I won't be reviewing the world beyond. Just not that interested in it.

Here's Negan! Showrunner Angela Kang hints The Walking Dead will take a swing at Negan's (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) untold origin story in the new season 10 episodes taking "deep dives" into its cast of characters. Kang, who leads the writers' room that designed these now-filming episodes for safe shooting during COVID-19, previously revealed the bonus episodes would show us "where people have been in the past" and fill in gaps in the road to the final season. Teasing the bonus episodes during a Walking Dead showrunners virtual summit, Kang referenced one of the few comic book stories not yet brought to life on The Walking Dead:

Instead of large scale scenes with hundreds of zombie extras, Kang said, "We've chosen to go in the other version of the Walking Dead tradition, which is dive really deeply into these really cool character stories."

"I think that that is also The Walking Dead, and so hopefully people will enjoy stuff like that," Kang said. "We've got, definitely, a story I think a lot of comic book fans have been waiting for for a long time. And I love the script, and so we'll get to tease things in a different way."

Could be interesting to see. Sounds like season 11 then will be where the story moves on. And finishes!

1604408767190.png