The Walking Dead - Season 5 and onwards

Yeah, I took the first version I could find after it aired Sunday. An e-mail from AMC containing this link was waiting for me in my inbox this morning.

It was the Super Bowl commercial that got the biggest laugh from me, although I suppose non-fans unfamiliar with Negan's bat were left wondering. :lol:

Reactions: ctg
The cast has said - on numerous occasions - that fans will leave season seven feeling fulfilled and triumphant. That's a great relief to audiences, but the fun doesn't stop there.

According to Andrew Lincoln, season eight is going to be even crazier. When speaking with the LA times, The Walking Dead star couldn't hide his excitement about what's coming next.

“We’re going to come out swinging,” he said of the finale. “And it’s not going to stop. I’m more excited for Season 8 than I’ve ever been. I think it’s going to be big, but it’s also going to be terrifying. And I mean that from the very depths of my cynical soul.”
The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln On What To Expect In Season 8

Hard science proves that humans aren't very nutritious species. So, in the case of zombie apocalypse said shamblers would starve to death or then they would consume everything.

Imagine this: You’re trapped on a desert island. You’ve eaten nothing for 20 days and as you grow increasingly delirious, your friend who is also stuck in this godforsaken place begins to look appetizing... which part of the body should you eat first?

According to a bizarre paper published in Scientific Reports, consuming body fat will give you the most calories. But the thighs are a good option too – much better than the brain, torso or liver.

Dr James Cole, a Senior Lecturer in Archaeology at The University of Brighton in the UK, studied the nutritional value of human cannibalism by measuring the levels of fat and muscle in four adult male corpses. To convert this into calories, Cole used the ratio conversion 4:4:9, where 1 gram of protein or carbohydrate equals 4 calories and 1 gram of fat equals 9 calories.

Don’t worry, there is scientific merit behind this investigation. By analyzing the nutritional value of human bodies, it could help answer the question of why our ancestors, Homo habilis, were motivated to consume one another during the Paleolithic era, which began 2.6 million years ago.

“Human cannibalism is a subject that continues to hold a morbid fascination within modern societies. In particular, identifying the motivations for human cannibalism remains a contentious issue. In modern humans, the motivations for cannibalism have been related to any combination of the following: survival; psychotic or criminal; aggressive; spiritual or ritual; gastronomic or dietary; and medicinal,” the paper’s abstract reads.

Well then, let’s see how nutritious the human body is compared to other animals, Cole thought. It turns out that a 65-kg (143-lb) human has approximately 32,000 calories in their muscle tissue compared to 163,000 calories in the muscle tissue of a deer and roughly 3.6 million calories for the muscle tissue of a mammoth.
Boffin counts the calories in human cannibalism

I have a conversation about this in the book 2. The scene is too long to publish in here and it wouldn't be just about the cannibalism.

On the subject of human nutritional value:

Analysis | Spiders could theoretically eat every human on Earth in one year

dealwithspideers.gif

Maybe not blocked?

Still blocked. All they let us see is the cover frame and then the announcement: "The uploader has not made this video available in your country," which is quite stupid taken in the light that TWD has spread around the globe and it's on international watch list. Not just American property. So, every dollar AMC puts in the PR and marketing is wasted by silly blocks.

It is viewable in Canada. Probably BBC or whoever bought the license in UK have to make their own version.

Gimple seems to be reacting to the common complaint that season 7 was a slow, stagnating affair, where all the cool characters stayed in separate locations for far too long.

Gimple said this to Entertainment Weekly...

"By virtue of the fact that the narrative has turned into one of pretty intense conflict, [...] it's going to affect the structure in ways that make it a bit more kinetic, a bit more breakneck — shifting away from entire stories in one episode, and sort of fractured over several episodes, with little pieces of each story coming together."

He also promised that "things are going to move, and possibly not have the kind of deep dives into characters in single episodes, but rather laying out the pieces as we go on."
The Walking Dead: season 8 to have "kinetic", "breakneck" pace

This is silly. It's not his fault that Eugene has been written to be Dr Evil. Is it?

One key member of The Walking Dead cast has elected to quit social media in the wake of negativity clouding his notifications.

Josh McDermitt, who plays Eugene Porter on the AMC series, pulled his accounts down from Twitter and Instagram this week. The actor regularly engaged with fans and followers on the platform but got to a point where enough was enough with negativity beginning to take over.
The Walking Dead Star Quits Social Media Following Harassment And Death Threats

There is something really wrong when people abuse actors because they are playing a character they don't like. Maybe they are venting their frustration but it is so wrong.