The Walking Dead - Season 5 and onwards

ctg

weaver of the unseen
As some of you know, or have noticed I have for a while kept very quiet in this side of the site. Life has been harsh, and all that sort of bollocks. Especially, as Mrs Ctg has spent most of the year in the hospital, and the ending of the last season end up in arguments at this site. So, I am asking: "Are you still interested, because I'm also ready to take a step backwards, and give this subforum to someone else?"

Very sorry things aren't going well now for Mrs. Ctg; hope things improve for her soon!

It would be nice for the sub-forum to continue, it's great fun talking here about the show! Maybe we all can go into next season with a renewed commitment to keeping a friendly, civil air about us during our conversations about this wonderful show. After all, we're all here because of a shared love of TWD! :) I say let's keep things going!

twd_5_daryl.jpg

When we last left Rick and his fellow survivors at the end of Waking Dead season 4, they were locked in a train car by the mysterious residents of Terminus. At Comic-Con, the cast and crew explained what lies in store for them there — and how their journey forward will return to the story arc of the hit comic.

The panel began with a clip Walking Dead producer Scott Gimple claimed was from the fifth episode of the season. What he actually showed was a clip of The Walking Dead reimagined as a grim sitcom; Rick and Glenn are still stuck in the train car with big bushy beards. They play poker and eat bacon made out of Carl. Then we got the real trailer and saw the truth: we're going to ...
Walking Dead Season 5 Starts At Terminus, But Heads Back To The Comics

Following in the footsteps of Game Of Thrones and the final season of Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead's fifth season will be aired in the UK just twenty-four hours after showing on AMC in the US. The move is sure to please UK Fox viewers and go some way to stemming online piracy of the new episodes.

Earlier this year, Fox pulled True Blood season seven's UK premiere inside a fortnight of its US debut, which was a coup at the time, and now this latest move gets UK fans of The Walking Dead even closer to sharing the viewing experience with our chums in the US.

The news comes on the same day that the UK's Channel 5 reversed its widely unpopular decision not to show The Walking Dead from season four onwards, meaning UK fans without access to Fox will still be able to watch season five at a later date. All told, that's a pretty good day for zombie fans this side of the pond.
The Walking Dead season five starts in the US on Sunday the 12th, and in the UK on Monday the 13th, of October.
The Walking Dead season 5 to air in the UK 24 hours after the US | Den of Geek

The question about what from the comics will be translated to the screen remains. Now, with a set looking familiar to comics fans, a Carl plotline has come up for debate:

"It looks like they are building a giant wall around a bunch of houses in Senoia, Georgia to represent the Alexandria Safe-Zone of the books. In the comics, there's a herd attack not too long after Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and company arrive and, in the panic, ASZ leader Douglas Monroe starts shooting wildly and hits Carl in the head. Carl ends up losing his right eye and part of his face. He survives, but with memory loss, forgetting things like the fact that his mom died back at the prison. "]

While some say that the plotline will probably be remixed into the story of another character, others claim that it's too important to Carl for him to lose. As Wet Paint points out:

"They already changed Carl's TV story by taking away the Ben/Billy child killer storyline, so maybe they don't want to take away another major milestone. As Robert Kirkman told TheWalkingDead.com after "The Grove," "There are certain things on the road to Carl's evolution that are important benchmarks that push him along on his journey, and the Ben and Billy situation was definitely one of them, but the show is doing well and is theoretically going to go for a while, and there are a lot of things Carl's going to have to do that can replace that situation and affect him in possibly better ways. There's always room to explore those possibilities, and I don't really feel like I lost anything by taking this situation from Carl and giving it to Carol."

Link (spoilers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note to say I edited the last part of your thread to hide the URL, @ctg , as it contained what I thought may be a potential spoiler. Also I'm not sure if it's for everyone or just me but the spoiler tags don't seem to work - even highlighted, nothing is showing there...

Last edited:

How exciting! Rick is not giving a sh*t about what the Cannibals are thinking. He sounds like he's back in the Ricknator mode and ready to kick some a*se. ;)

Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Danai Gurira spoke about Michonne's emotional struggle in season 5:

She does yearn for something more stable in life. She really believes that Carl needs something more stable than where they are and what they have been experiencing, but also she's very committed to what has to be done. She's a woman who does what has to be done, so that involves a lot of ferocity.

.. It is a very interesting arc that she is on in terms of how is that going to show itself. Is she trying to move away from how much of a warrior she is? But will the world allow that?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/31/the-walking-dead-danai-gurira-michonne-season-5/

What she really says isn't much of a spoiler because you would had drawn same conclusion from last few episodes in season 4. :D

Do we know anything about the spin-off from TWD yet? "Walking Dead:Hawaii" anyone??

I'd love it if they were in a different country too, such as good ol' Britain!

You'll have to wait to see what's it about, but in the meantime I could recommend checking out the Walking Dead mini's from the youboob. I won't put them here cos people will be complaining. And I got enough of that sh*t.