• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

The Walking Dead - Season 5 and onwards

Judderman

The Iceman cometh
So the article says that children are a consistently successful element in the franchise... but I wonder are AMC really saying the two leads will be children? I thought "young" would mean late teens/young adults. But ok if it just means people who were brought up in the Walking Dead world that makes sense. Then it must be quite a way in to the future. So no way that the main Walking Dead series is ending with the walking dead collapsing due to time. That had seemed a possibility with walkers getting more skeletal over the years.

Reactions: ctg

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Supporter
AMC may be forced to follow through on their promise to "reevaluate our activity" in Georgia with The Walking Dead should a new law be approved which would ban abortions after a certain point in pregnancies. Now, Sarah Barnett, president of entertainment networks at AMC Networks, has opened up about the restrictive bill and supports AMC's possible abandoning of their Georgia post.

"I'm very, very glad that our company issued a statement that said if this restrictive legislation goes into law, then we will reconsider our activity in Georgia," Barnett told the Banff World Media Festival (via THR). The sentiment comes after AMC previously released a statement in which they promised to take a close look at the situation and move forward after careful decision based on the outcome of the bills.

"I personally consider this a civil rights issue. If women don't have reproductive autonomy, we can't participate in society. That's my personal perspective," Barnett added. "At this particular moment, I personally feel that any attempt to roll back rights that have been acquired is not good for gender equality."

By the sound of it, Barnett likely hopes the production decision won't reach such a point in the first place. "It really is like a family, with relationships built with people who have worked on the show for a long time," she said of the Georgia community.

“If this highly restrictive legislation goes into effect, we will reevaluate our activity in Georgia,” the AMC Networks company said in a statement. “Similar bills – some even more restrictive – have passed in multiple states and have been challenged. This is likely to be a long and complicated fight and we are watching it all very closely.”
AMC Executive on The Walking Dead Leaving Georgia Following Abortion Laws

Judderman

The Iceman cometh
As I mentioned on another thread this is not a surprise response from AMC. Hopefully they won’t need to go through with such action.