July 2014 -- SEVENTY-FIVE WORD WRITING CHALLENGE -- VICTORY TO BOWLER1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: July 2014 -- SEVENTY-FIVE WORD WRITING CHALLENGE -- READ FIRST POST!!

Interview with the Countess du Carla

I, promiscuous? Well...

My first? That would be my Uncle Gregor. Ageing, but rich and full-bodied, far more pleasing than his brother, Ladislas, who was decidedly thin and bitter. Gregor’s sons, Dragomir, a little rough to be frank, Miloslav – heavy – and Darko, mmm, smooth and sweet. Cousin –

What? You are shocked at my keeping it in the family in this way? My dear, blood is thicker than water. And so very, very much tastier.

Making Momma

Five years on the ship, and Charlene’s begging finally pierced her father’s heart. She begged for Momma to come visit them almost every day. Charlene didn’t understand light-speed travel…or cancer.

But with a little tinkering…

Charlene climbed through the air ducts and peered down into her father’s workshop. Lying on the table, she could see Momma exactly as Daddy described…

Light glinted off metal gears as Father closed her chest plate.

Blood is Thicker

My illiterate family….

When I first left, they said I’d be lonely. I’m never lonely. But they’d meant alone. I’m alone now, and it hurts, enough to push me into taking desperate measures.

I begin the final incantations. I know what I’m bringing back are shadows of my parents, my siblings. And that they’ll all hate me, for killing them.

But hate must be better than an empty void.

Mustn’t it…?

Status
Not open for further replies.