Warhammer Novels

First one is great, second one got him sued for plagiarising "house to house" about the battle of Fallujah, and the third one is all kinds of awesome.

First one is great, second one got him sued for plagiarising "house to house" about the battle of Fallujah, and the third one is all kinds of awesome.

Is that what happened? I did wonder. I really liked his writing, thought they were excellent novels.

Yeah,I'm not sure of the outcome, but the author of house to house (I can't remember his name, awesome book though) definitely expressed his desire for legal action.
I was tempted to boycott his third book after a number of people I know declared the same, but it got over myself and bought it.

I'm glad I did because Blood Gorgons is some of the best 40k fiction out there.

Yeah,I'm not sure of the outcome, but the author of house to house (I can't remember his name, awesome book though) definitely expressed his desire for legal action.
I was tempted to boycott his third book after a number of people I know declared the same, but it got over myself and bought it.

I'm glad I did because Blood Gorgons is some of the best 40k fiction out there.

They sound like really cool books.:cool: That's why I want to read them.:)

How come Chaos's technology is not more advanced then the Imperium's ?

Time runs differently in the warp, I think. Also, Chaos seems to rely more on straight-up magic than tech, so presumably doesn't need it. The Imperium has stagnated at 40,000 or so, but Chaos stagnated before that, before many of the existing systems (the storm bolter, for instance) were perfected.

Something like that.

Time runs differently in the warp, I think. Also, Chaos seems to rely more on straight-up magic than tech, so presumably doesn't need it. The Imperium has stagnated at 40,000 or so, but Chaos stagnated before that, before many of the existing systems (the storm bolter, for instance) were perfected.

Something like that.

True Chaos does have magic but the imperium possess enough of their magical knowledge to counteract that advantage . The Imperium forbids certain archotech and won't even look at Alien Tech. But chaos wouldn't forbid it's members from using forbidden human arcotech even alien tech and being opportunists , wouldn't it make sense for them to use it to their advantage? At the beginnings of Horus uprising he got some members of the Adeptus Mechnaicus to side with him , he managed to acquire some forbidden Arcotech from the Aurellian Technocracy for after he flattened it.

Last edited:
Baston Wars by Henry Zou started reading it. First rate stuff.:)

I picked up the David Guymer hard covered book Gotrek and Felix Kinslayer Book 1 of the Doom of Gotrek Gurnisson . book 2 come out in march of 2015.

Last edited:
"It's very British, born out of Thatchers bleak, grey Britain like the comic 2000ad"...???

What bleak grey Britain? Without diverting the thread too much, Thatcher switched the lights on in Britain (literally after the power strikes of the late 70's). Having started work in 1973, I know, I was there.

I do think they have a particularly British feel to them though, and I think people like David Brin would be a disaster if he tried writing a WH40k book (all his other books are boring disasters anyway)

"It's very British, born out of Thatchers bleak, grey Britain like the comic 2000ad"...???

What bleak grey Britain? Without diverting the thread too much, Thatcher switched the lights on in Britain (literally after the power strikes of the late 70's). Having started work in 1973, I know, I was there.

I do think they have a particularly British feel to them though, and I think people like David Brin would be a disaster if he tried writing a WH40k book (all his other books are boring disasters anyway)

With the number of books popping up shelves , It's hard to keep up.

Henry Zou's Baston Wars novels are first rate stuff.:)

Descent of Angels BY MIKE SCANLON 6th book Horus heresy pretty good read. :)

I'm just starting "Gods of Mars", the third in the Adeptus Mechanicus trilogy (it must be because I was a car mechanic many years ago)...although set in 40k universe (there are Black Templars in it), it's less space- and more tech-marine, with lots of combat with weird machines and so on.

I've also recently read the most recent Space Wolves novels and they were pretty good as well

I'm just starting "Gods of Mars", the third in the Adeptus Mechanicus trilogy (it must be because I was a car mechanic many years ago)...although set in 40k universe (there are Black Templars in it), it's less space- and more tech-marine, with lots of combat with weird machines and so on.

I've also recently read the most recent Space Wolves novels and they were pretty good as well

I think Hollywood should seriously look at Warhammer as a potential film franchise. It has enormous potential.:)

I still think Baneblade by Guy Haley is one of better WH40K novels out there. It's not so "pew, pew, SPASS MAREENS, Aliens, pew, pew." It reads more like an historical action thriller written by a grown up.

The Emperor had to have known about the ruinous powers and the threat that they posed to his imperium. Had he taken steps earlier, the Horus Hersey doesn't happen.

Finished Legion by Dan Abnet superb read. (y)

I really liked Legion.

Random thought, I can't remember if they do in this novel, but it always makes me chuckle as Dabnett seems to love putting his guys in armoured body gloves. I think a few guys in the book wear 'em.

Just makes me laugh, I really hope he doesn't mean a one-piece Spandex job. :ROFLMAO: