Stargate Universe Ending

ralphkern

One of the greatest crying shames in recent TV history is the premature ending of SGU.

Whilst it's not cannon in any way this chap has written a pretty decent set of final season screen plays. I'm normally very anti fanfics or non cannon fiction for things but I admit I'm quite impressed. He captures the tone and characters well.

SGU | Laurence Moroney's Blog

I know, why no more, i've watched almost every scrap of targat (something wrong with the ratio on my telly) I can find. Have you seen sg 3000, or is it a myth?

Loved the series , Hated the ending .

I have been thinking about the ending since I watched it yesterday and I'd like to know how people would have continued to season 3. There are so many possibilities about what might have happened. I personally would like the following.

Eli has managed to find a way to temporarily disable the drones so he can stop at a star and recharge, this along with a quick trip through the stargate to get more supplies and he realises that he can last, but only him for the three years.
So when everyone comes out of stasis in the next galaxy Eli is slightly made form spending three years on his own, he's happy to see everyone and has opened up much of the ship but he's a bit on the odd side and has lots of in jokes with himself.

I have been thinking about the ending since I watched it yesterday and I'd like to know how people would have continued to season 3. There are so many possibilities about what might have happened. I personally would like the following.

Eli has managed to find a way to temporarily disable the drones so he can stop at a star and recharge, this along with a quick trip through the stargate to get more supplies and he realises that he can last, but only him for the three years.
So when everyone comes out of stasis in the next galaxy Eli is slightly made form spending three years on his own, he's happy to see everyone and has opened up much of the ship but he's a bit on the odd side and has lots of in jokes with himself.

Got to have an instant mystery :D

So people start coming out stasis chambers as they seem to 'fail' randomly - We see Colonel Young come out first, to his surprise. The ship is just floating in space near a star and no longer in 'hyperwarp' and it seems to be all quiet. He goes to check the others in the stasis chambers and comes first across Eli - who clearly had managed to sort his chamber out in the time allotted. However Begbie's...sorry I mean Doctor Rush's, chamber is empty as is Lieutenant Scott's and Chloe's. He manages to unfreeze Eli and the two of them search the ship to see where Rush might be and what is happening - they have crossed over into the new galaxy and seem to be ok with power but can't find the three missing people anywhere. One of the shuttles, however, is missing.

And...well, that's how far I've got with that. :)

Got to have Rush getting up to immediate shenanigans...

Why didn't they give it proper closure?

Fan campaigns have been successful in getting films or mini-series made. Perhaps the writers were hopeful something like that would happen here. However I think most of the attention is being directed at a supposed reboot of the film franchise.

Fan campaigns have been successful in getting films or mini-series made. Perhaps the writers were hopeful something like that would happen here. However I think most of the attention is being directed at a supposed reboot of the film franchise.

Id love to see this one completed.:)

Back