The Variorum Lovecraft

So does that mean it will ship around the same time, mid-July? Hopefully the texts incorporate all the errors that were and are being found here in the B&N volume thread. Also, looks like the Revisions and Collaborations volume was pushed back to 2016. But we do have this:

1ae6c9c516907435ccb2a5f284668db2.image.800x325.jpg

Although I have read all three volumes in ARC format, I did so in "editorial mode", looking for errors. I find myself anxious to read all three volumes once more, immediately, in hardcover. S. T. made some editorial decisions that I don't quite agree with, but all in all these volumes are definitive, and they enhance the reading experience, however often I have devour'd these stories before in decades past. Hippocampus Press hardcovers are so handsomely constructed, such a pleasure to hold in one's hand--and those magnificent jacket illustrations add to the overall spell of enchantment that these volumes cast over me. Of course, a majority of ye magick of the volumes is due to Lovecraft's genius and excellence as a writer. I have never ached to hold books as I do these hardcover volumes. My brain and soul will be restless until they are in my library.

Would love any more word as well about the volume of the revisions (how complete, etc.).

Would love any more word as well about the volume of the revisions (how complete, etc.).

Out next year. I have some inside info on it, but don't think I can share it. It's going to be a splendid complement to the three core volumes, though.

Derrick wrote in the latest newsletter that he would receive the books last Thursday; he must have done so since the pre-order discount has ended.

Any updates? I just recently ordered them, so my expectation is that time projection is employed to deliver them three weeks ago ;-)

As I mentioned on the 3rd, the books must have been delivered in late July. An image of the three books was posted in the Necronomicon Press FB group by a person whose father works at the printer's, so the books definitely have a physical existence now.

Will these edtions end up in one of the big chain bookstores?

Will these edtions end up in one of the big chain bookstores?

Possibly -- but there were only 750 copies made (originally 500 was planned, but the demand was so big the print run was increased) so don't count on it.

Possibly -- but there were only 750 copies made (originally 500 was planned, but the demand was so big the print run was increased) so don't count on it.

Only 750 copies? That should make the books quite collectable and worth money down the road.

Only 750 copies? That should make the books quite collectable and worth money down the road.

I believe there have been other limited run books from Hippocampus Press that end up getting advertised on Amazon at very high collectors prices - so at this low a print run I am certain these are going to be collectable volumes.

It would be nice to see these volumes in libraries and universities. Armchair quarterbacking, if I were HP Id be targeting American Literature departments around the USA with these sets. Plus, they could always do additional print runs that don't have the awesome of the first print run, if need be.

Armchair quarterbacking, if I were HP Id be targeting American Literature departments around the USA with these sets. Plus, they could always do additional print runs that don't have the awesome of the first print run, if need be.

I know that the Bodleian Library in Oxford has preordered a set.

Your review is excellent, and I really admire the way ye have presented the images of the set. I am reading the first voilume slowly, and enjoying Lovecraft more than ever before. Every time I pick up one of these volumes I feel a queer combination of electric ecstasy and peace of mind. The real Lovecraft at last, despite some of S. T.'s editorial decisions so to give ye set a consistency of style, format, &c. I've been an obsess'd H. P. Lovecraft fanatic for a long time--and this is ye best time to be a Lovecraft reader. Also just got the LETTERS TO ROBERT BLOCH AND OTHERS, also from Hippocampus; & to-day's poft brought a fabulous volume from The H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society: THE SPIRIT OF REVISION: LOVECRAFT'S LETTERS TO ZEALIA BROWN REED BISHOP, which is superbly edited and imaginatively presented with numerous illustrations, photos, facsimile of Lovecraft's letters, &c &c.