Debut novel reviewed in the Financial Times.

Ian Whates

Author and Editor
Delighted to say that one of NewCon Press' latest releases The Moon King has just received a glowing review in the Financial Times. This is the debut novel from British author Neil Williamson, whose short fiction has featured regularly in such venues as Interzone... And it's an absolutely fabulous read. :)

‘The Moon King’, by Neil Williamson; ‘Talus and the Frozen King’, by Graham Edwards - FT.com

“A truly unique fantasy, The Moon King is a mysterious, luminous read, full of intriguing characters and featuring a twisty, page-turning plot. Beautifully written and thoughtful. Sure to be one of the best debuts of this or any other year.” World Fantasy Award winning author Jeff Vandermeer.

"Williamson has woven a story that teems with ideas and imaginative power. There is beauty in it, and strangeness, and page-turning adventure." BSFA Award winning author Nina Allan.

“A vivid evocation of a strange moon-ridden bipolar world that swings each month from delirium to despair, and the sort of book that creeps into your dreams.” Chris Beckett, author of 2013 Arthur C Clarke Award winning novel Dark Eden.

The book is available now from Amazon or from the SpaceWitch site:
The Moon King by Neil Williamson | SpaceWitch.com

Glad you're enjoying it, Sue.

Nerds_feather, I can certainly send you a pdf or kindle version, if either would be of interest; I can probably sort out a dead-tree edition as well, which is a little more problematic with your being in the US, but where there's a will..

As for how I found Neil, ctg, I've known him for years. His short fiction has been extensively published and he's been shortlisted for a BSFA Award before now. I've published short stories by him in a couple NewCon Press anthologies and also Solaris Rising 2. When I read The Moon King a year or so ago, I was completely blown away. I really can't understand why a major imprint hasn't snapped this up. Their loss is my gain. :)

Incidentally, there's another great review of the book posted here:
http://www.edinburghbookreview.co.uk/reviews/adult-fiction/moon-king-neil-williamson

That's a great premise for a book. This will have to go on my list of TBR. Sounds fantastic.