Fresh new meat

Marvin

Paranoid Mandroid
As we all know how GRRM likes to remove characters from the story at any given moment and as he is also known to replace them with shiny new ones, I thought the more creative among you would like to have a go. What with two books to go you know its gonna happen!

Name a new character and tell us what you would like them to get involved in and ultimately achieve, if anything, obviously could be a little side story type deal, doesn't have to be a game changer!

I apologize if this has already been done, but in such an extensive subject area of the forum its difficult to know. Link to a previous similar thread if you know of one.

With so many creative minds on here it will be great to read, while we wait for George. Cheers.

I know the title does not say SPOILERS!!!, but anyone not further than A Clash of Kings should probably go find another thread to read.

I'm not one of the more creative folks here, but I think GRRM will introduce Lynesse Mormont nee Hightower. I think Jorah will come face to face with her, but I don't know if he'll forgive her for her sins so that he may also find forgiveness or whether he'll continue to harden his heart and fall further into villainy by murdering her. Mayhaps, just mayhaps... Tyrion might be there to talk him down... Tyrion found no lasting joy in Shae's murder.... just some guilt.

Even more obviously, GRRM will probably introduce Tysha. In a bittersweet ending, Tyrion may proclaim his love for her and beg her forgiveness... and she might have him flayed.

Imaginatively speaking, the Tyrells are hedging their bets and have faked Loras' injuries. He's secretly on his way to find Dany. Yes, I know a Rose is not mentioned in Quaithe's prophecy, but neither is a Bear... and Jorah is so close to getting back to Dany. Loras will explain to Dany that the Tyrells have always been Targ loyalists and they have done great work in causing chaos to ensure her successful return to power.

Osha will die defending Rickon. Rickon will assume his father's lands and titles after the Lannister/Bolton/Frey alliance is broken.

Since Dany is barren, she'll need a brood mare and a stud. These should preferably be of Targ blood. Since Aegon and Jon seem to be the only descendants of Aerys II, she'll have to find others... and Myrcella fits the bill according to my crackpot theory. Aegon and Dany will rule as Myrcella bears Aegon's children.

Not too creative.

Creative is more along the lines of GRRM introducing Gared's ******* son, Egbert Hill, as the grown up commander of Aegon's bodyguard. It is further revealed that Gared was a ******* of a ******* of a ******* of a ******* of a ******* of a ******* (and the only offspring) of Baelor the Blessed. Thus, Egbert is TPTWP and fulfills the mission from which his father fled in terror. Exeunt.

Howland Reed. Howland Reed! HOWLAND REED!!

I cannot state enough how badly I want him to be introduced. I imagine he will be like Daniel Faraday, and have all the answers.

Having Little Ned Dayne gain some prominance might be nice, though I would prefer if he were not in the band that is currently being led by old Stone Heart. I would also like to see Bron come back and play more of a role, but I guess neither of these would be a "New" Character.

I am anticipating having the readers finally go to Casterly Rock, so there is always a chance to meet some new characters there, like whoever is left in charge of the rock since ALL of the lannisters are either in KL or in the ground. and on the theme of Lannisters, it would be cool if Gerion made an appearance. If Tyrion ends up in the company of Dany, and Dany needs to go to Valyria, maybe there will be a reunion of Tyrion and his favourite uncle.

What about Tywin's youngest brother, Gerion? I think he went in search of the Lannister Valyrian Steel Blade sometime after Robert's Rebellion... when the New World Order was established without a place for him. He might be a sellsword... he could even be in Tyrion's company!

Harry the Heir. What if he actually turned out to an honorable, handsome, young lord for Sansa? She might be too jaded to even let him get close. And someone, mayhaps it was Young Stormlord, proposed the theory that Timmett, the clansman who put out his own eye, is actually Harry's cousin and little Robert's real heir.

What about Tyrek? He was hardly a character in the first two books. Is he still alive?

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I was browsing around on "A wiki of ice and fire" and came accross this little theory.

The Sailors Wife, the whore in Braavos whom Dareon "Marries", thus incurring the wrath of Sam (and Arya) is actually Tysha, Tyrions long lost love and wife.

the Sailor's Wife has a 14 year old daughter named Lanna, which could be a throwback to the name Lannister. Lanna is a female version of Lann, as in Lann the clever, who, according to legend, is the ancestor of the Lannister Line. Also, Lanna has golden hair, a lannister trait. They don't mention the colour of the Sailor's Wife's hair, but presumably it isn't golden (or else why remark on the colour of the daughter's hair?)
The sailor's wife also claims she was Lanna's age when she gave birth to her, which would make her 13 or 14 when she was first married, and which is the age Tysha was (thereabouts) when Tyrion married her. (Tyrion claims Tysha was "no older than Sansa", and Sansa is 11 at the start of the story so, possibly, she was 13 when she married Tyrion)
It makes sense with her story. Tysha wasn't a whore before she married Tyrion, but then Tywin, in essense, turned her into a whore by letting men rape her and paying her for it. That's why the Sailor's Wife will only bed men she marries.
it also answers the question "Where do Whores go?". To a whore house. There is no explanation as to how or why Tysha would go to Bravos, but why wouldn't she?
The only "Evidence" against this theory that I came accross is that Tyrion is no sailor, so "the Sailor's wife" doesn't really fit, but if she has since "married" hundreds of men, presumably, then the name may have come to her later. especially as the brothel she works at is called "The happy Port"

Stormlord, good find. Thanks for being the research monkey. By the way, was it you who connected Timmett to House Arryn?

This conversation has reminded me that I need to re-read the books.