Captain America 3 against Batman/Superman

thedoctor1980

Both films open on May 6th 2016.

It's still possible that one of them may move the date, but if this goes through who do you think will win? Is there room for both or will one under-perform?

I've read comments about this today and agree with them. For Marvel, it's not a big issue. They've fully established their films now and are doing great stuff with them. If one of them does a little less well than the others, it's no great loss to them. DC, however, have a lot riding on this film, including their potential Justice League film and generally setting up their universe. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up ,moving their film.

I'm very much DC in term of comics but their insistence that everything has to be gritty and unhappy (which involved saying no to a prominent wedding, important not just in the comic but for society at large) is annoying me. Marvel are doing brilliant stuff with their films; the perfect blend of humour, fun, action and character.

I agree, I really hated man of steel for those reasons.

It worked for the Nolan trilogy, but superman is completely different - the way marvel have tackled captain america would, i think, work perfectly for superman.

That said there is going to be so much curiosity over this film, and given there is so much interest and love for the batman character after nolans films, I think Batman/Superman will have no fear and will win easily.

I imagine we'd see 2 massive openings either way, but I think bats/supes could do 150 mill and captain america 3 dropping a little to the 80s. All depends of course what happens between now and then.

A superman/batman movie has been my dream since I was a kid, I'm kind of gutted that zack synder ends up directing it. at least it's not brett ratner!

Oh, yes! Me and the other half were talking about this after watching Captain American the other day. They really get his character spot on, because he is a good guy at heart. He can be in serious, darker storylines, but that doesn't change who he is. Superman should be the same, a good guy trying to do good things, but at DC at the moment he's just a big douche.

I do want the DC films to do well, though, because I want my Wonder Woman film at last, darn it!

A good Wonder Woman film would be excellent. It's going to happen I think, apparently the actress they have hired is signed to the bat/supe film, justice league and a stand-alone.

Again, taking the marvel route, the way they have done Thor would work well with Wonder Woman.

Marvel thought Patty Jenkins would be able to direct Thor, but then they fired her for some reason. How good would it be if DC hired an obviously well-capable director, who happens to be a woman, to make the first female-led super hero film. (Plus a little revenge in there as well)

That said there is going to be so much curiosity over this film, and given there is so much interest and love for the batman character after nolans films, I think Batman/Superman will have no fear and will win easily.

Certainly in initial viewings - but I suspect disappointment will be rife as well. Most films takes years to develop, but I'm too easily given the impression that Batman vs Superman is a rush job, a plain cash-in, rather than one director/producer having a vision or inspiration they spent a long time developing for the screen.

This may well work in Captain America 3's favour, if BvS (or BS for short??) proves an utter disappointment, meaning anything else looks good by comparison!