Self Publishing Roll of Honour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
For all chronicles members with a post count of over 100 - please post below if you have self-published your work, and please also leave a link to where we can peruse it.

I'll update this post with names and links and genre information, according to what's posted below. :)

I'll also sticky this thread in the General Writing Discussion board so it can be easily found. :)

Pretty much everything of mine that is online (around 100 pieces at the moment) is hyperlinked from my website: Home - Lizards of the Host

Science fantasy, magical/pagan fantasy, poetry, magic, horror and weird horror. Hope at least some of it works for some of you. :)

Cheers, Brian.

Under the name Thaddeus White I've got three self-published books to date (two full-length fantasy novels and a middle-length comedy).

They are:
Bane of Souls
Journey to Altmortis
Sir Edric's Temple (comedy)

Here's my Amazon author entry: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thaddeus-White/e/B008C6RU98/

I self-published some of my early works on Amazon under pseudonyms. They are still lurking in the dusty basement of the Kindle system, and also on Smashwords, which has a nicer author page:

Short Stories

Anarchist novel

Sorry to insert myself in the thread without promoting something self published. (I suppose I could if I wanted, but I`m not prepared to just yet.)

At the start of last year (2013) I started a project that was to read at least one book that was either traditionally published or self-published by Chronicles members. It has taken me a bit longer than I would have hoped but thata little project is now coming to an end.

That being said, and this thread showing that there are a number of writers self published who were missed in the initial run of books I`m going to try and incorperate more of the Chrons writers novels into whatever I selection of books I start on next.

So if anyone promoting their work would like me to include their material in the next round (however it might turn out) let me know, either in thread or by PM.

The Reviews Thread

A while back I published this.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H9ENLH4/?tag=brite-21

It is a novella, roundabout 30k words and part one of a trilogy.
It's got a load of reviews so I'll let them speak for it, but if you want a quick military SF blast (and I do mean blast) then check it out.
Part two will be out in a couple of months, as soon as I get back to UK and find an editor.
Thanks.

Darkchild

After over 2 years of toil and trouble ... but a lot of good feelings too ... I have self-published via IngramSpark and Amazon.

Currently, only the eBook is available
www.amazon.co.uk/Emergence-Nick-M-Lloyd-ebook/dp/B00OAGX4L2

Links to other eBook sources via my web-site
www.nickmlloyd.com

I am struggling to get the Paperback and Hardback set up on IngramSpark - today I finally approved the proofs... but I am told it will take a good few weeks before the availability filters down into the online bookstores (who sell paper copies).

If you do read the book, then please leave a review (positive or negative)

thanks

I have recently published my debut scifi novel, Battleframe - Book One of The Mindwars

Resource rich planet Alpha Three becomes the focus of a galactic wide conflict. In the midst of a remorseless Scourge invasion a lone human battleframe pilot, call-sign Whizzbang, strives to find and rescue his closest friend from the invaders.

With the extermination of the human colony seemingly inevitable, Whizzbang's squad of veteran pilots struggle to turn the tide of the war. Just when he thinks they may have a chance, members of the squad begin vanishing before his eyes and the odds of winning the battle become slim to none.

The mysterious nano-robots, unknowingly developed by an alien intelligence, appear to be all that will enable humanity to survive the onslaught. But all is not what it seems as the micro-machines begin to dramatically transform Whizzbang's friends in astounding ways.

Safe within his command dome, the enemy General plots on how he can cover the world in the enigmatic Barrier, a force that kills humans in seconds. It is then that Whizzbang discovers that the Earth may be the next Scourge target.

Book one in the “Mindwars” opens with our galaxy in turmoil and humanity on the brink of extinction.

*awkwardly clears throat*

I have two out of my trilogy already up. It's space-opera, action, metafiction plus... a series about fandom as a whole. The 'stories' are fanfiction about a TV show that isn't real, and the books have those stories plus the collaborating authors discussing real life and the creative process. Think Galaxy Quest meets Mass Effect meets Firefly meets Princess Bride. :)

Both are up on Amazon but I made a little hub page to help out.

I've published a bunch of different books since I started in 2011.
  • Galvanic Century is a steampunk thriller and mystery series set in an Edwardian era where the pseudoscience of the day works as they believe it does. There are six books in the series to date, and the first is free.
  • Grief is an apocalyptic short story collection of five stories detailing how humanity handles news of the inevitable eschaton. Darker, more literary.
  • Infernal Revelation is the first in an occult thriller series that deals with enochian mysticism and gnostic theory.
I've got an author page here. The books are available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Google Plus, and iBooks, as ebooks and paperbacks. Some are available as audiobooks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back