Looking for a book title.

Ion Ranger

I am looking to find a sci fi book that was turned into a tv show a few years ago. I only saw one episode of the show, and was intrigued by it. I Googled it and found that it was a novel, but have since lost the paper I wrote the title down on. Now I can't find the show or the book and am very frustrated by this as it seemed very interesting. Please help. I believe it was about a world covered in ice and snow, and the main character happened to see a ray of sunshine coming down from above, this made him realize there was more to his world. I think the only means of travel over the world was by train. The MC was a young male, and i believe had a love interest. It seemed like a dysotopian type of story. It may have been a British tv series, if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Hello Greg. Never heard of this film but wiki seems to bear out a couple of the OP points - it looks like at some point there was a book translation . The post reminds me of another similar book that I will now spend many hours trying to recall the title of!

Back to this thread. One of the many voices (shush and gimme a minute!) in my head keeps muttering the same thing over and over...
"TEASPOON! mark my words, toward the end of this book TEASPOON(S) will be of great significance"
Not being one to ignore my sub conscious I thought it's best to put it here - could be crucial in jogging someone's memory.

Maybe you just need a cuppa char anyway still trying to figure this one out but I really enjoyed Snowpiercer the film, I was surprise how good it was

Not sure that this is what you are looking for but, somewhere around 2005-2009, there was a tv series out of Canada called "Grand Star". It was set in an icebound post apocalyptic world where the remaining humans lived in either an enclosed or underground city and got around in the outside world by train. It was based on a long running French series of novels by G.J. Arnaud that started with (I hope I spell this correctly) La Compagnie des glaces (The Ice Company) in 1980 or 1981. Though the series ran for years I do not know if it was ever translated in to English.