Crackpot theory: Sansa

Eulalia

Sansa has some new friends who may suspect her of being Sansa Stark and not Alayne. With a little help, might she not defy the marriage to Harry the Heir, persuade Sweet Robin to marry her, become the Lady of the Vale, announce her identity, claim Winterfell, dispose of Littlefinger with sweet sleep, draw Jaime, Brienne, Sandor, Loras, Arya as a new Queensguard? Aegon, or Tyrion could then make bids to marry her, as her marriage to Robin will obviously not be consummated and he may not survive.

dispose of Littlefinger
I imagine that will be the hard part.

Sansa's new friends? Do you think Middlefinger will just let people get close to her? I'd suspect they're on Baelish's payroll or on his list of suspected spies before I'd ever think they're just willing to be friends.

As he teaches Sansa how to play the game, he knows she'll potentially try to move against him or without him... and he'll be ready. The easiest way to have bought her friends before she makes them.

I can see how Brienne might gravitate to Sansa and serve her, but Jaime is another matter. And Loras? No.

I agree that little Lord Robert's days are numbered.

About eight years ago during the rash of celebrity couples with nicknames (Brangelina, TomKat, Bennifer), I proposed SanSan for Sansa and Sandor. Don't count out the Hound.

Just think if the media chose a different portmanteau for Affleck and Lopez... they could have chasen Benjen.... which happens to be a name in ASOIAF!

P.S. Buzzed posting is drunk posting.

I do like the idea of Aegon marrying Sansa. A Targaryen needs to be put back on the throne... atleast in this world the the Plantagenet allegories can win!

Sansa, Aegon and Dany do make the most sense as the three heads of the dragon... One to breed, one to lead and one to rule them all...

I think Dany, Aegon, and Sansa could rule, with Tyrion as Hand, Bran as supermage, Rickon to inherit Winterfell, and Jon as Sansa's wolf.

More loose ends-- Willas weds Shireen, and need some combination of Jaime, Margery, Tristayne, Rickon, Meera, Asha, Brienne, Val and Mance.

I think Dany, Aegon, and Sansa could rule, with Tyrion as Hand, Bran as supermage, Rickon to inherit Winterfell, and Jon as Sansa's wolf.

More loose ends-- Willas weds Shireen, and need some combination of Jaime, Margery, Tristayne, Rickon, Meera, Asha, Brienne, Val and Mance.

Brienne and Margary, surely. She already tried to marry one sword swallower (I say that as a fellow sword swallower)...her brother is one. Maybe it runs in the Tyrells and she likes to pick roses?

Mance and Asha... OH! Maybe that is why Asha ran away because she was wedded to Mance and things didn't turn out and they have a lovely reunion?

Osha?

Brienne did like Loras and seems to like Jaime so I don't know if she picks roses, exclusively. Margary may or may not require tansy not roses, but who can say.

Gendry and Loras may also be loose ends but I don't think Gendry swallows swords. If Loras has survived, he is going to be pretty mad at Cersei, but he is unattached. Sandor and Arya don't seem romantically inclined, at this time. Dany seems open ended but prefers macho men, so it seems. Asha likes dudes. Jon likes red heads but he may have a death problem. Mel does what it takes to achieve her goals. Sweet Robin is dependent on Sansa, and apt to demand death for anyone he dislikes.

Sansa is dependent on Littlefinger so far. She did try to get Joffrey to take the Van of his army in a desparate attempt to eliminate him. Perhaps she could manipulate Robin to send Littlefinger or Harry flying.

I don't know.

Brienne beat Loras in the Melee at Bitterbridge... for which he was resentful. Then he tried to kill her or at least have her executed for Renly's murder. So how did she like Loras?

I do know that buzzed posting is drunk posting... again.

Sandor may not be "romantically inclined" as you put it, but he is not immune to lust. He told Arya he planned to rape Sansa.

I don't know if I really have anything to add to this idea... it's not really a theory... that Sansa will rule in the end. I am a proponent of the idea that if Dany is barren, then she'll need a surrogate mother to continue the Targaryen dynasty.

Now the one idea that I do like... and I like it... I like it a lot... is that little Lord Robert could be the downfall of Baelish. If he considers Alayne his new mother and if the circumstances are right and if he calls for Middlefinger to fly in front of the assembled lords of the Vale... then Baelish might fly.

But I'm also a proponent, the only one I imagine, that House Baelish is descended from the one weak moment, the one indiscretion of Baelor the Blessed. I think Middlefinger might claims Targaryen blood when the moment is right.

Dinner tonight was beer and brats... and beer... and beer... and...

Might I suggest Mack and Jack's?:)

Oops, my mistake, I meant Renly not Loras. But it does seem to show Brienne as a transvestite (along the lines of Joan of Arc) and straight.

Yes Sandor seems straight, and was attracted to Sansa. Still, Sandor, Loras after Renly's death (if they are alive)and Arya seemed consumed by wrath more than Romance. At her age I would expect that Arya would have some girlish crushes and voting for American Idol (wrong world) but she is preoccupied with her list and learning survival skills. Gendry left her. Her father died and she left Sandor for dead. Yeesh.

I think if Lord Robert commanded that Baelish should fly, the Lords of the Vale would be keen to oblige. Sansa has seen how that works, by Baelish. Justice would be served on many levels. Now if Baelish is a Targ, I would laugh if Baelish and Sansa turned out to be Fire and Ice! Life is not a song. But it would be bitter and not a bit sweet. Could be quite a power team, though.

If Sansa turns out to be one of the three heads, then she could take Baelish up on her dragon and let him fly back down.

I like that so much there should be a word or expression for that. Is there a word for falling off of a dragon? Defenestrate--for windows. Getting shoved off of a dragon--dedraconated? Exdraconated?

Descaling?

(Sansa could always test the descaling first on a Kettleblack....)

descaling!

tachyexdracodescalation or the sayonara Baelish maneuver:)

Wow, this is an interesting thread that grew while I was out of town. Why all the focus on sword swallowing?

The possible reappearance of an old whore not withstanding, Sansa is Married to Tyrion. This is actually a pretty amazing and powerful union if they make it so. You could even take the Sansa/Baelish situation as a continuation of the sparring between the three major connivers from the old small council: Varys, Baelish, and The Imp.

A marriage that's unconsummated, and a husband who has been found guilty (the result of a trial by combat) of patricide. I can see how Sansa's relationship options are limited.

Besides, Littlefinger is on the case, so a solution looks inevitable.

I'm still thinking this one through but a couple things come to mind.

Sansa and Tyrion were married in a sept as befits those who worship the Seven. Can this marriage be annulled? From Tywin's statement that Tyrion must consummate the marriage, I believe it can be. This opens many doors but Sansa would have to be Sansa in order to do this not Allanna. Yet if she doesn't "come out" first any marriage of Allanna's would not be binding.

Big Bear, just to clarify... Tyrion was found guilty of regicide and then committed patricide (and murdered Shae). He has been presumed guilty of Tywin's murder both by Cersei (one of the few times she's been correct in her assumptions) and the court of public opinion.

Big Bear, just to clarify... Tyrion was found guilty of regicide and then committed patricide (and murdered Shae). He has been presumed guilty of Tywin's murder both by Cersei (one of the few times she's been correct in her assumptions) and the court of public opinion.
Oops! :eek:

Yes, of course, Tyrion has been convicted only of committing Joffreycide, and is merely guilty (though only he, Varys and we know for certain) of patricide and Shae's murder.

And Tyrion was already married, too. Don't know the rules for Westeros (which seem to provide for occasional bigamy), but Edward IV's children (including the princes in the tower) were officially disinherited from the throne when it was rumoured that he just said that he was going to marry someone else first.
Now Tyrion and Sansa are married publically, but secretly it has not been consummated, and Alayne may marry Harry. How messy can it get? Much messier if Sansa is (wrongly) declared the Lady of Winterfell, the Vale or the Rock and other candidates appear.
In our history, it would be simpler, just declare her to be a witch and capital punishment could solve the whole thing.