Matt Ryan as Constantine

Oooooh. I've read quite a few Hellblazers recently (the local library has a good stock) and I'd love to see this if it was done well. He looks the part. Are they going to keep him as a Scouser?

Well, he certainly looks more the part than Keanu Reeves did. :)

Someone I was chatting to today said that he has always imagined a young Tim Roth as Constantine. Well, that time has - unfortunately - passed so let's see what Matt Ryan can do :)

For some reason, I find it both hilarious and sad that they managed to get the accent into the general geographical vicinity and still not get it right...

*Facepalm*

The accent to me sounds very uncomfortable -- maybe they thought that's what a mix of Liverpool, Newcastle and London would sound like? Plus, is Matt Ryan Welsh? So there's that in the mix too.

That quibble aside, it does look promising. Have they said whether they'll be using any of the stories from the books, or just using the character and general idea?

Ohh I'm liking this movie-style budget in a TV series approach! Plus its a good fantasy flick without it being a "well its really a soap drama, but we put a tiny tiny bit of fantasy into it sort of".

Looks impressive, I hope it can keep pace with its trailer; plus I really hope it follows the Game of Thrones/Rome model of actually telling a story instead of being story in the first and last episodes with filler in the middle (monster of the week!)

Have they said whether they'll be using any of the stories from the books, or just using the character and general idea?

Apparently, they may be incorporating bits and pieces from the comics such as the Newcastle Incident... I haven't religiously read all of the Hellblazer story arcs, so I'm just following threads of fan discussion on what NBC could be keeping from the comics.