Stephen Palmer, Xana-La - free promotion

Stephen Palmer

author of books
Supporter
Free Promotion on Smashwords (also Kobobooks.com)

My short story Xana-La is now free to download as an ebook short story. This story was originally published in Allen Ashley's anthology Where Are We Going?, published a couple of years ago by Eibonvale Press.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/416108

This is the short story that inspired me to write my forthcoming novel Hairy London, which will be published very soon by the Infinite Press (Infinity Plus). Enjoy!

"An interesting and well written adventure story, which reminded me a bit of good old-fashioned adventure stories" (Rising Shadow)
"This irreverent story is full of eccentric chaps, and gleaming with brass." (Warpcore)
"... exuberantly off the wall... a glorious tale of adventure and derring do, as explorers set off to a mythical land simply to prove its existence, but in doing so must take on the laws of time and space, the whole thing gleefully over the top and informed by a pseudo steampunk sensibility." (Black Static)

Read it earlier today, good read and a very interesting world, I like it. Are all your stories written in the same world?

I am becoming a big fan of Stephen's writing. I first read him in the Malevolence anthology submissions. Both his stories were amazing. I had to reject one cos it didn't fit and I believe Ian Whates grabbed it.

I read his Aliens submission which was brilliant and can't wait for "Magic."

Got something else and can't tell but that story has confirmed him to be one of my favorite writers. I will soon acquire all his work.

I am now officially stalking you, Stephen. :)

Downloaded!

Cover image:-

xanalacover_zps49baf08f.jpg

Thanks for all the comments folks.

Quellist: my work is from many different scenarios. However Hairy London is set in the same world as Xana-La, in fact the story inspired the novel. I dedicated the novel to Allen Ashley btw, and he just emailed me telling me how surprised and thrilled he was. :)

Though I hate Kindle/Kobo etc, my son has downloaded this for me, and I look forward to it. Palestinian Sweets was the most inventive and well-written short story I've read in decades... should be made into a novella at the very least!

Downloaded it, read it, enjoyed it very much.

Felt it had a wry Boy's Own touch about it.

Will most likely buy Hairy London now:)

Thanks for this, Stephen. I've only had time to read the first** (Kindle) page and I'm already intrigued. :)

** - I'd rather read the story while not multitasking on the PC, so will read it later today. (Roll on free time.)