Submissions Open for Novels at Tickety Boo...

Gary Compton

I miss you, wor kid.
Due to the massive success of the call for stories for our Malevolence anthology we are now looking for full novels between 80-120K. We will consider Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy and the Crime genres.

Please send to submissions (at) ticketyboopress (dot) co (dot) uk.

I would like up to 500 words about you, a three page (approx 1000 words) synopsis about the story and a formatted Word doc or docx file with the above and the story. Please save the file as, "John Smith - My Story name."

As always Chrons members hear it first - good luck:)

Oooh.

1k words is usually 1-2 pages in 12pt font. Not that I have anything to submit, but so I know for possible future stuff... a 500 word bio, 1k synopsis, and the full MS all in one doc attached to an email?

Oooh.

1k words is usually 1-2 pages in 12pt font. Not that I have anything to submit, but so I know for possible future stuff... a 500 word bio, 1k synopsis, and the full MS all in one doc attached to an email?

Should have said double spaced and yes all three in the same file attached to an email. Easier to deal with IMO :)

Bio and synop at the start of the MS? Bio double spaced? (Many questions, you know writers are pernickety about submissions stuff!)

Bio and synop at the start of the MS? Bio double spaced? (Many questions, you know writers are pernickety about submissions stuff!)

Yes in order as above - bio - synopsis - story. :)

All double spaced.

Want entertaining stories!

Due to the massive success of the call for stories for our Malevolence anthology we are now looking for full novels between 80-120K. We will consider Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy and the Crime genres.

Please send to submissions (at) ticketyboopress (dot) co (dot) uk.

I would like up to 500 words about you, a three page (approx 1000 words) synopsis about the story and a formatted Word doc or docx file with the above and the story. Please save the file as, "John Smith - My Story name."

As always Chrons members hear it first - good luck:)

Probably a daft question but....

Is that Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy etc within the spirit/guidelines of the Malevolence anthology? Or any Horror, SFF etc provided it is an entertaining story?

Is that Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy etc within the spirit/guidelines of the Malevolence anthology? Or any Horror, SFF etc provided it is an entertaining story?

It is within the genres of Horror SF, Fantasy and Crime. :) Nothing to do with Malevolence.

My point was that readers read books for entertainment so the story is number one. Then after that comes the rest, grammar, pov etc. So we are looking for polished stories. We'll use the ten-page rule and that is if the story and the style hasn't grabbed us by then, probably this one is not for us.:)

Thank you. I will get back to you on this one Uncle Compton. One question, is Jeff and Terasa both in this one as editors?

Thank you. I will get back to you on this one Uncle Compton. One question, is Jeff and Terasa both in this one as editors?

I would like to think so. :) They have committed to four anthologies in Bonemans case and one in Teresa's, they are part of the team so as and when a suitable story is received, I will ask (beg) the question.

I bloody hope so, though!

Wow Gary you certainly are going from strength to strength! This is definitely something to consider. What forms would you look to publish novels in?

I have another question... Do you/will you publish PB/MG/YA/NA and adult? I'm guessing no to the PBs but thought I'd cover all bases!

Cool Gary. By the time I finally churn out a readable novel, your company will be too big to look at a rookie like me!

All the best on your venture. I think you are setting yourself up for some great success with your ambition and I applaud you for it. :)

Any deadline?

I'm hoping to submit my steampunk short story soon, but any large story will be months away from completion.

Wow Gary you certainly are going from strength to strength! This is definitely something to consider. What forms would you look to publish novels in?

Well my model is built around buying 1000 books from the far East. These will be sold on TBP website only. These give the author and the press the best guarantee for a very healthy return. On Amazon and all the other platforms I will go down the POD and Ebook route.

I am also looking at a 100 Hardback limited edition for each book, preferably leather bound and with gold bits on it. :) Maybe tassles.

Got some good plans on advertising as well.

I have another question... Do you/will you publish PB/MG/YA/NA and adult? I'm guessing no to the PBs but thought I'd cover all bases!

Sorry for my ignorance Mouse but what are all of them. Only one I recognise is YA

@Ratsy. Always remember the people who were there at the beginning so answer is YES.

@Thad. Open till further notice, Thad. Looking forward to your next story.

Don't make me write them out, I was being lazy!

Picture Book, Middle Grade, Young Adult, New Adult, Adult.