Towers of Midnight (Book 13) - Disussion Thread with SPOILERS

Erin99

So... *drumroll*

Hoopy is on the second-last book.

WHOA! Truly, I never thought you would reach this point, Hoops, after having such a shaky start, like everyone else did. I'm glad you made it! WoT fans feel like a big family that can reminisce over lost times. :D

Anyway, I'm hoping Hoopy can come on here and tell people (*cough* HareBrain and Brian ;)) how awesome it is. Apparently I was terrible at convincing people that they NEED to read this series, even though I don't have words for how amazing it is, especially the end and end books... Oh, and imho this is THE BEST EPIC FANTASY SERIES EVER - even with its flaws - AND CAN NEVER POSSIBLY BE BEATEN. I'm not sure everyone will have that opinion, however, but that's okay. Aspiring writers will hate that statement, too. :p

Hope this is okay to do, but Hoops said to me:

A Lady Who Always Knows Where Her Towel Is said:
Heh, yeah, I've had this since Friday evening and read 550 pages already - can't put it down! I've ordered 14 so I don't have to wait. And yeah they're fast paced! I'm loving it.

I believe she's happy. :D

(Oh! I won't have to make a book 14 thread, since I already made one for me months ago. Wippee!)

GASP, using my conversation from elsewhere to pin me down with my enthusiasm of the books. I can't look like I'm enjoying it. Not here :D

But hah, considering the crazy excited comments I've been throwing at Leisha on Skype, I'll say that I am definitely enjoying this book. I really can't put it down, every new chapter is another awesome moment. And as I said to Leisha loads of parts have been positively cinematic in the last couple of books. There have been some epic fights.

I do wonder if it might be the Branderson (OK, that's stuck for good now) effect that's making me enjoy it, or just because it's the penultimate book and so mad things were going to happen. Perhaps it's both. Again, as I said, I think what's making me happy is that Branderson seems to have trimmed all the things that made me want to pull out my hair -- all the twitching and smoothing and sniffing is gone, people (mainly the women) are realising that their particular group are not the biggest and baddest around and they can't just keep ordering everyone around, and it seems that everyone's starting to clock on to the fact that the Power works best when both halves are used (imagine that :rolleyes:), but has kept all the pure Jodran essence. It probably also helps that the characters have grown up A LOT (amazingly so) and aren't anywhere nearly as annoying as they once were ;)

I don't know how much I can say to others DEFINITELY READ THIS because I think there are points along the way that I could certainly see making people drop out. I latched onto certain characters, and the plot has always been interesting enough to me (especially when you get past the end of book three and everything just kind of...widens outwards massively) to keep me going -- but being where I am now, and the awesome stuff going down, I'm most definitely glad I've reached this point.

WAH that I'm at work and can't keep reading it at the moment!

I have been chastised by Leisha :)D) so I am here to admit that I am truly loving Towers of Midnight. I'm very glad that Leisha gave me the nudge to finally start reading these books because at the moment they are just killing me with awesome moments, brilliant unions and far too many adorable couples. In the parlance of Tumblr: I can't even.

This is my first post ever on anything concerning Robert Jordan. A little about me. I first read "The Eye of the World" in the early '90's', while I was still in the Marine Corps. When I first read "The Eye of the World", it didn't keep my interest. It was a stage to the next book. So I gave the next book a chance, to see if the stage was set properly, and it was! The second book is where the action takes off, then your hooked. The story to unfold is master-fold. Then in steps Brandon Sanderson to finish the story and what a job he did! Although I love a link to Robert Jordan by reading what he wrote, as he wrote it, I think Mr. Sanderson had his job cut out for him by accepting the task of finishing a legend. And he did. Sure, I would have loved to keep Robert Jordan telling the tale, but without Brandon that tale would not have been finished. I was skeptical as hell to let another finish Jordan's work, whom, through his writing, I have come to respect and admire, only taking second to R.A. Salvatore.
Thank you Brandon for a job well done! You have used the notes of Robert Jordan to not only complete the tale, but to answer many questions that old timers like me have asked while reading this series.
On top of that, you have added your own style. Genius! I look forward to being a long time fan of Brandon Sanderson. I bring a toast! You have done our memory well.

I finished the book about a week or more ago and I'll say...yeah, I enjoyed that bad boy a lot. As I said in another thread, it may well have joined my list of favourite books.

Eesh to Mat!

Anyway, the final book has fiiiiinally arrived, so here's to the end...