Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

I loved it. Was very entertained. I much prefer this kind of film, with laughs and thrills and FUN!, as opposed to what John Cleese recently put it when he derided the new 007 movies as following the lead of the "gritty and humourless" Bourne series. I didn't like the new Batman trilogy either. Just grim. "Oh it's so dark and serious!" *yawn*. Anyway, I thought Guardians was the equal of The Avengers.

@@@@ / @@@@@

Well, I'm not going to bring up the old different strokes adage, because, while it's true, I do have to say that everything has its place.

Sometimes dark and serious is what I look for-though certainly not in a superhero film, I will admit that much. An example of this would be Transcendence.

Sometimes I want nothing more than sheer silly fun, which was really what Guardians was for me. It lived up to my expectations for it-silly character interaction, action enough to keep anyone occupied, and humor to tie it all together. It didn't take itself seriously at all, and it was all the better for that. I have to admit I am not the biggest fan of either Vin Diesel or Dave Batista, but they both worked well in their roles-particularly since Diesel had so little dialogue.

I've been meaning to watch this for some time and finally got around to watching it at the Empire's IMAX screen in Leicester Square.

Personally, i loved it. The 3d was very good and there were a few moments where i flinched as things came toward me. The humour was excellent, it was well paced and well scripted. There seemed to be action all the way through, but it wasn't set piece after set piece, so it just seemed pretty natural. Definately one to get on Blu Ray.

I saw it about two weeks ago and Thought it was immensely entertaining. Best film of the Summer and can't wait for the sequel.:cool:

Yes. I have to say that I love what Disney are doing to the Marvel licence. Have you seen their movie release schedule? There about 30 films due for release over the next few years.

Bodes well for Star Wars. :)

Fantastic! 10 out of 10 from everyone in the springs' family. The girls didn't believe me about sitting to the end and the credits went on a long, long time but sf-geek mum was pronounced a winner after all! Great, great fun. :)

It's now the biggest hit of the summer .:)

Bugg: I am Groot.
Rocket: So you finally got to see Guardians of the Galaxy last night?
Bugg: I am Groot.
Rocket: And you loved it? I'm happy for you.
Bugg: I am GROOT.
Rocket: Yeah, if only the Star Wars prequels had contained half as much character, heart, and fun!
Bugg: I AM GROOT.
Rocket: You loved it! I get it already! Jeez!

:)

I finally got to see this today. The kids described it as "awesome." And I had to agree - action, adventure, fun, and a lot of heart. Can't wait for the next one!

I finally got to see this today. The kids described it as "awesome." And I had to agree - action, adventure, fun, and a lot of heart. Can't wait for the next one!

Its' best film of the summer. (y)

I loved it. I will definitely watch it again. The cast had excellent chemistry, the story was entertaining and the special effects were spot on.

Oh yeah. This has a blu ray purchase all over it.

Saw it at the drive-in with my brother. We both loved it! It's a refreshingly fun and exciting movie.

I am Groot!

I just watched it on pay-for-TV and liked it. There were a few places where I laughed out loud or sniggered, and I can't say that for many films recently, especially scifi films which have become so serious. (Kevin Bacon - yes funny. Also that he had a huge Walkman and tape deck. Dark-light Jackson Pollock.) So, yes, a thumbs up for the light-hearted humour and the nostalgic soundtrack.

There were some cheesy parts but then it didn't take itself seriously and it was mocking the genre. In that way it reminded me more of Flash (1980) than of anything else. As someone has said, I'm also not a great fan of the dark and moody, serious superhero movies. It is hard for me to believe a man wearing underwear on the outside, or a plastic S&M suit, with a back-story worthy of an X-Factor contestant, is fighting untouchable villains in the real world.

Great cast and great performances. How they got those people involved? Probably because they had such a great time making it. And a sequel is obviously already on its way. He still has his alien father to find. Though it looks like we have to wait until 2017.

And the beauty of watching on TV is you can fast forward through the credits to the end credit part.

There were some cheesy parts but then it didn't take itself seriously and it was mocking the genre.
I think this is exactly why it worked so well.