Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

The Bluestocking

Bloody Mary in Blue
Anyone here seen the trailer for Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy"?

Thoughts?

Apart from the awesome first-look of Karen Gillan as an alien female warrior, I thought it looked like it could be entertaining...

I haven't yet seen the trailer, but I am intrigued by this.

I am a new member so have not yet commented enough to be allowed to post the link (though I wanted to). It's on YouTube on Jimmy Kimmel's channel.

It looks like The A Team in space (though one of the team members is a homicidal raccoon...).

I've seen ads on Youtube (which I actually watched rather than skipping). Had no idea that was Karen Gillan.

Not much of a cinema-goer, but it looks pretty good. I like the lighter-hearted tone.

Re Karen Gillan: It's a couple of blink-and-she's-gone moments in the trailer. She looks good as a bald, blue-skinned baddie with twin swords!

I've seen ads on Youtube (which I actually watched rather than skipping). Had no idea that was Karen Gillan.

Not much of a cinema-goer, but it looks pretty good. I like the lighter-hearted tone.

I was actually stunned to learn (month's ago) that Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" are going to be on the big screen. Wowser!

I remember first reading about those heroes back in the late 1970's. I still remember them teaming up with other superheroes from Marvel comics.

I can't wait to see them in their own movie. :)

Wow, is that Che from The OC?! Haven't seen him since, well, The OC.

I think the raccoon looks daft though.

Interesting. Although I suspect it doesn't know if its meant to be funny or serious.

Apparently, they are featuring the 2008 team, not the original 1970s team...

I was actually stunned to learn (month's ago) that Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" are going to be on the big screen. Wowser!

I remember first reading about those heroes back in the late 1970's. I still remember them teaming up with other superheroes from Marvel comics.

I can't wait to see them in their own movie. :)

Daft was the tone I got. I quite like that.

Adam Warlock. "'Nuff Said", or perhaps I should just say, "Excelsior!".

Intro Nova Prime Corp. Intro Infinity Stones. Intro The Collector and the Elders of the Universe. Re Thanos, Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock, this is "Game On", at least as a precursor to where my favorite stories within Marvel's Universe lie. :D

Stoked. Absolutely Stoked.

Oh, and welcome, Bluestocking, and thank you for the post!

Watched the trailer and quite liked what I saw. These guys dont look to be the A list Superhero's were used to. A team thrown together not with high ideals, but perhaps to survive. Looks entertaining in my opnion. Karen Gillian looks amazing, there are pictures of her in full make up around the net.

Hope you enjoy posting here Bluestocking nice to have you on board.:D

Apparently, they are featuring the 2008 team, not the original 1970s team...

I know, I've seen the newer Guardian heroes on comic book covers. Plus I've seen Rocket Raccoon's first appearence in Marvel Preview #7, back in the year 1976.

Adam Warlock. "'Nuff Said", or perhaps I should just say, "Excelsior!".

Intro Nova Prime Corp. Intro Infinity Stones. Intro The Collector and the Elders of the Universe. Re Thanos, Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock, this is "Game On", at least as a precursor to where my favorite stories within Marvel's Universe lie. :D

Stoked. Absolutely Stoked.

I hope Adam Warlock and Captain Marvel make it to the big screen one day too! I've been waiting patiently for quite a while.

Watched the trailer and quite liked what I saw. These guys dont look to be the A list Superhero's were used to. A team thrown together not with high ideals, but perhaps to survive. Looks entertaining in my opnion. Karen Gillian looks amazing, there are pictures of her in full make up around the net.

Hope you enjoy posting here Bluestocking nice to have you on board.:D

Thank you, Ice Fyre! Am enjoying meeting many likeminded people on here :)

And yes - Karen Gillan looks absolutely amazing in full make-up!

Ohhhh, that looks wonderful!! I hope it comes to Finland!! (Dig the new user picture too, btw Bluestocking! :))

ps--The Runaways, yay!!!

Ohhhh, that looks wonderful!! I hope it comes to Finland!! (Dig the new user picture too, btw Bluestocking! :))

ps--The Runaways, yay!!!

I know, right?

I was giggling at the bit where the Raccoon asks why they needed to bother saving the galaxy and Star Lord goes: "Oh I don't know... because I'M ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN IT?!"

Priceless! :D

PS. Thanks for the compliment re the new user picture. It's more apt, no? :)

Last edited: