What are you working on right now?

my brand new website
Link? Don't speak Dutch but am curious (love the sound of the language, and might also borrow some words to make English sound like it's from outer space -will put them back when I'm finished;)
Well done

Link? Don't speak Dutch but am curious (love the sound of the language, and might also borrow some words to make English sound like it's from outer space -will put them back when I'm finished;)
Well done
Thx. It was fun designing it. I must say I'm curious as to what others think of how it looks.
So, I'll exchange the link with you for some feedback. :D

link to 'TonSchevan writes'

Thx. It was fun designing it. I must say I'm curious as to what others think of how it looks.
So, I'll exchange the link with you for some feedback. :D

link to 'TonSchevan writes'
Great work -just had a quick look but I'll be back. Can't fault the design -it's fast, responsive and easy to navigate. The only thing I could see that was tricky were the two menus (L & R of the header on the mobile version, they work better on desktop I think); there was nothing to show they were different so a casual reader might miss stuff but, ya know, random person on the internet and all that and nobody ever might miss that.
Anyhow -well done, looks class (y)

It was designed with desktop in mind. I never use a mobile for surfing if I can help it, so didn't pay much attention to that.
Not sure how I can solve that issue. I like the way the 2 different menus work.

Edit: I just checked how it looks on my own mobile. I think I'll need to add a hint for mobile users on the front-page, somewhere.

Last edited:
My WIP is out to beta readers. Cover is done, copy is done. Once I get comments back, it'll be time for proofreading, then format and publish. Oh, it all sounds so easy from here!

This is The Signet Ring, first volume in a series of adventures involving the Trouvères, a performing troupe set in an alternate history Europe called Altearth. I'm writing the second volume now--The Tower of Guard--and plotting the others as a form of Productive Procrastination.

My MG horror/fantasy is with my agent now. I still need to do some minor edits but it'll be a month before she gets around to it and it's in a Google doc so I can edit as I sit in her queue.

Sounds like a car I used to have.

Eek! Top marks if you can keep your editing to less than 8 hours a day.
Hmm, editing takes me a couple of hours total. At least, the final edits. All my work is sent to CPs as I go along so the complete draft is usually fairly clean. Then I know my agent will have suggestions, and a potential editor will have more, so I find it's pointless to fiddle with it too much at this stage.

I thought there was a thread like this, but I've searched back and the only one I could find was 'What do we all write?' which isn't really what I mean.

So, this'll be interesting. We all like talking about ourselves...

What are you working on, writing wise, right now. It can be editing, research, short stories, novel, comp entries. Anything you're working on, I want to hear about. As long as it's related to writing. If you're fixing your car or something, I don't care.

At the moment I'm mostly working on the revisions from the publisher with allmywires, but when I'm not doing that, I'm working on my Allery story.

More specific? Today, I had to add more kink to the romance. The publisher liked a certain scene we had, but wanted more pre-scene stuff. So it meant I had to put a weird search thing into Google. I won't share. :D But I ended up adding almost 400 words.

With my Allery story I'm currently researching lots of drug abuse stuff. One of my characters is a junkie. I was watching a vid on YouTube about a guy in prison going through withdrawals and learning about how the veins in your arms kinda disappear.

Your turn.
Right now, I'm writing a follow up sequel to a story I wrote about two years ago. My story is a little....weird but it does have some sci-fi elements so hoping to get feedback here

Last edited by a moderator:
I've abandoned the novel I've been struggling with and finally started work on a major novel project I've had in mind for the last three decades. It's a Vatican-set thriller which may or may not have a supernatural element - in additional to the religious stuff - but I won't know for sure until a major plot twist near the halfway mark. It's going to take a couple of years to write at least.

I'm hoping to spend a week or two in Rome later this year, so have some specific research planned.

I neglected an important step in my Things To Do After It's Done: marketing.

And that means revisiting the books and articles on how to do a launch (new series), Amazon keywords, all that nightmare, because so long elapses between books for me, I've forgotten most of what I read. *sigh* It also (marketing) is going to push the actual release out even further, because promos and suchlike need to be scheduled, usually months in advance. *more sighing*

>I absolutely hate that stuff
I don't hate it, it's just that I'm not very good at it and so everything takes longer than it should. And I'm pretty sure I could be getting better return on my time invested.

But not advertising is a guaranteed way to have my books disappear utterly. So that's not an option.

I feel for you. I absolutely hate that stuff. It flicks the setting in my brain to "depressed".

>I absolutely hate that stuff
I don't hate it, it's just that I'm not very good at it and so everything takes longer than it should. And I'm pretty sure I could be getting better return on my time invested.

But not advertising is a guaranteed way to have my books disappear utterly. So that's not an option.
What is it about the marketing of your books that gets you so bad?

I've never got any of my fiction to a level at which I can even think about publishing, but as I'm from a marketing background, I'd love to help answer any questions or make it less depressing :D

As for me, I've literally just written my blurb for my new project. I've come at it from a very different perspective, but as I don't have a real outline, I've not got a character list or location yet, and I'm not even decided how 'magical' the world is, not sure it's really worth sharing. But it's my first new work in a long time, so I'm happy for the start.

Briefly, it's something that I've got no talent towards. I find anything involving maths or statistics almost impossible to follow. If I have any particular talent, it's for writing. This is galling because I know that someone who knows how to game the system could write a novel that was absolute rubbish, and still sell a hundred times as many copies as me. It's not so much that I think I'm great, more that I don't know how to do my own work justice.

Briefly, it's something that I've got no talent towards. I find anything involving maths or statistics almost impossible to follow. If I have any particular talent, it's for writing. This is galling because I know that someone who knows how to game the system could write a novel that was absolute rubbish, and still sell a hundred times as many copies as me. It's not so much that I think I'm great, more that I don't know how to do my own work justice.
You'll hate this:

:D