What are you working on right now?

I have a sword & sorcery book finished. About enjoyable characters from a popular role-playing game (don't know if brand names are allowed) which I have played since the 80's. The catalyst for the book was a event that actually happened in a gamming session and the idea for a book followed years later. I joined sffchronicles to help show me where I have made mistakes - simple mistakes. I was fighting to stay awake in English class during school.

Still working on resurrecting book 2 of my Regency-era Steampunk series. It's now just based 17k total word count. Long ways off from what I lost, but progress has been steady :) . I'm also about to launch a new writing project that I'm doing for my Patreon page. This one's an urban fantasy and, my plan anyway, is to release one chapter draft a month (plus an illustration or two when possible) with the eventual goal of publication after it's reached a conclusion on Patreon (and after editing, of course!). Have several other projects in various stages of completion as well, but those are largely on hold right now as I focus on my Steampunk series and this one project.

I'm doing the first editing pass on my time-space-opera thing. In the last day, I have reached something I know that I must have written last March, because I named a warship after the medication we were giving the cat at that point, and now I've just hit a section that I know I must have written at the same time that I was messing around with a spin-off idea last summer, because I had a crazy couple of days sitting in the sun when I had melodies stuck in my head, and both books have a section of songs set to those melodies.

You did say it's a time-space-opera thing. Sounds like you're taking that too literally. Next you'll be singing, too.
I don't sing, it would be unfair to the cats. The Biskitetta is the singer, and quite into Gilbert & Sullivan, which is probably why one of the items starts "I am the very model of a modern water deity". Why I ended up writing about memory issues to the tune of "Oh My Darling, Clementine" is anyone's guess.

This Jan, thought I'd pick up a dark fantasy novel I finished about 10 years ago. I really liked it at the time but go nowhere with agents or publishers so shelved it. Started revising it for self-publication and realised three-quarters through that the last third was a MESS. How time gives perspective! Then I got a horrible rejection from my agent this Monday regarding a mystery novel which my test-readers adored, and he hated. After scraping myself off the floor and putting my guts back in, I decided to be a big girl and address both problems in one go. Bought SAVE THE CAT! and am restructuring both novels from scratch. My agent loves my writing, but my plots are failing me! These forums are a lifesaver for sharing experiences like this.

Writing three short stories. First time in freaking ages that I'm actually writing something. One is fanfiction of my own stuff and I don't even care.
I finished two short stories last week. First time in a year, I think, I've actually finished anything. I've hugely struggled with working & home-schooling my children and it hasn't left enough brainspace for anything else. They are now (fingers crossed) off to school on Monday and I finally feel clear again. I might even try to make novel progress too.

I had sworn off (evidenced in this thread much further back), writing shorts in favour of novels, but I've begun to realise it is nice to have shorter projects too so you get that 'happy I finished something' feeling, even if it's not very often.

Trying to stay focused on remodeling a 5k short story for critique and possible submission.

It’s an arduous process...

Finishing my first draft. I almost reach the climax of the first volume, so I need to finish as fast as I can--I mean, quality is the point.

Most on here are only writing adult. I also write children's and now I'm working on a picture book with characters from Frankenstein, Dracula, The Invisible Man, and Macbeth and the child protags are Mary Shelley and Bram Stoker. It features educational STEM concepts and plays with Gothic and early sci-fi lit themes to highlight the difference between science and science fiction. It's hilarious. My agent liked the early draft but it was too didactic so I'm revamping it.

I'm expanding a story that gained my first Silver Honorable Mention in Writers of the Future in the hope of levelling it up to at least semi-final. I've added around 1,500 words so far and am currently adding more of the senses other than sight.

I'm working on a collection of connected novellas (I mean...maybe it's a novel told in 8 voices? Maybe it's novellas? Who knows!) — some are pure SF, some are historical fiction, one post-apocalyptic, and one fantasy.

Three things! :)
One: new short stories. They're sort of the grout between the bigger books, which is fun, though I know I'm mostly writing them for myself. My honest thought is the better I make them, the better my writing will hopefully be.
Two: the second book in my sci-fi series involving stranded humans and some very aggressive alien plants.
Three: my magnum opus. The book I've had in the works since friggin' 2009.

I am scared to death of that last book. I have never managed to just WRITE the thing, mostly because I've psyched myself out - but I'm not going to let that stop me. Not anymore.

This is the year of BELOVED, NOTTE: the tale of the father of all vampires, covering 15,000 years and a whole lot of drama.

Hear me roar.