What are you working on right now?

Well, I'm not really sure... I have finished and have been editing all four fantasy novels, which I am now calling Red Quartet as a group. Then I'll look for a publisher. My unique selling point is that, er, I've finished them.

However, I've found that, without a project to write, I'm much less happy. So I've started something completely new and odd, two pieces of which are in the critiques forum. The aim is to write SFF that isn't clearly Europe with extra bits, and to try to produce something that's more pleasant than our own world. So there's no internet, and a society whose customs prevent it from destroying its own planet (there will also be monsters, corruption and violence). It's all rather vague at the moment, and every so often I look at a book of Moebius pictures to try to figure out what I'm doing. I'm not sure where I'm going with it, but it's interesting to write.

Chapter 23 (of 25) of my current WIP, entitled Final Frontier. The scene I'm working on right now is set on a utopian world and has my main character alone with son for the first time since their reunion (after two weeks for my MC, 26 years to his son), and his son has been accused of assaulting and raping a local girl.

Just posted my steampunk novel HMS Valiant to two agents, deafening silence so far. I have an older SF novel which I want to tidy up and then also submit. Going back to steampunk, I'm considering a story about vast, steam-powered, sentient spaceships. Common sense tells me that's a stupid idea, but steampunk and common sense never did play nice together.

Making progress on The Falconer. Still writing in fragments but at least there's now more writing than planning and more planning than research. Maybe 60k written; certainly another 60k to go, to get the first draft down.

The end is in sight for novel number two in my crime series, hopefully to be finished just as the edits from novel number one land on my desk. The publisher is supposed to be sending those this week.

I've joined a writers' room that meets three times daily on Zoom for this final push. Three fifty-minute sessions of pure writing has been great. I've been averaging just under 5k words a day since last Friday. I can post the link if anyone is interested. Nice group of international writers, all intent on writing rather than gossiping.

I just finished my 300 worder and am back to editing the first story for my third book, the intent had been to write a 20 pager and it ended up at 80 pages so their is a lot of work ahead.

Just finished proofing the final chapters for the audiobook release of Fairyed. It's the 4th novel in my Monsters, Maces and Magic series.

I am going back to a short story about dragon hunters, which is trying to become a murder mystery novel

I'm writing notes to myself on how to use my new and fiendishly complicated Olympus camera. So many buttons, so many options. I'm that kid in the sweet shop who wants to suck everything before buying.

I've got my The Beast of Wheeler Ridge for free on Amazon right now, and didn't even realize it! So I'm playing catch up as fast as I can making the announcement, which should have started yesterday. Just having a ton of trouble prioritizing all my tasks, all the books, my agent, my publishers--all of it is just coming down so fast and heavy on me. My twin sister just died and I'm numb from shock on that account. Everything at once is getting really hectic. I hope I pull out of this.

I've got my The Beast of Wheeler Ridge for free on Amazon right now, and didn't even realize it! So I'm playing catch up as fast as I can making the announcement, which should have started yesterday. Just having a ton of trouble prioritizing all my tasks, all the books, my agent, my publishers--all of it is just coming down so fast and heavy on me. My twin sister just died and I'm numb from shock on that account. Everything at once is getting really hectic. I hope I pull out of this.
I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now.